Slideshow to accept video files?
hi!

my digital camera also can produce short movie clips. it would be nice to have them in the slideshow.
another (not the prefered) way would be to accept image files in the playlist of the video section.
i tried both with my current version (build 1.1.0) and it resulted in a system freeze.
please think about my small new years wish.
thanks!

c ya
reflex
am i really the only one, who whants videos in his slideshow - or a playlist which accepts pictures, video and maybe audiofiles at the same time?
to use the xbox as fotoalbum i think this feature is important, because most new cameras allow you to make short movie clips...

happy new year!
reflex
this option (it probably should be an option ?) would be great, just run all the new year pics to all our friends, and would have been great if they would have been mixed with the 10-30 sec video clips which are in the same stored directory.. previously ive gone through my files, but this would certainly be a bit more fluid and perhaps a little more unpredicatable for those comedy moments on video !!! :p Shocked

jj
firstly, i'm not sure if these are a noob problems (i have searched around), bugs or feature requests. so was unsure where to put this post.

xbmc build 15-01-05, with mplayer 1.0pre5 (i didn't build it).

possible feature request:
i've have a kodak digicam that creates small (320x240 @ 15fps) quicktime .mov files. i'd like to have them shown as part of a slideshow. is this already possible with newer builds?

possible bug:
if i select a .mov from my videos, they are displayed shifted up and left, partly off screen. they're also fully zoomed to screen size, which makes them look horrible.
a) how do i correct the display location (all other playbacks are centered ok)
b) is there a way of indicating a zoom ratio or maybe no zoom at all?

if the .mov files are playable (off center) by mplayer (i'm assuming that whats playing them), why can't it play them in my pictures?
(i tested it by adding .mov extenstion to my pictures in the xmbc xml config file)

any help appreciated.
1. my pictures is designed for pictures only. the slideshow is designed to load pictures only. i'm not going to add the ability to load videos during a slideshow, as (imo) they'd be more of a disruption than anything else.

2. press start until it goes to original mode while you are playing the .mov. problem solved.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the quick reply, and how to switch to original. should it not automatically center onscreen anyway ?

i have to disagree with you about the slideshow and movie clips.
i bet many users now take small clips with modern digital cameras. including them in a slideshow adds a dynamic to them and maintains continuity. making us come out of a slideshow then switch over to my videos spoils the integrated experience of it all.

could we not have a comprimise and have an 'include movies in slideshow' option ?

are there newer qt codes than the v5 ones i've got on my system ie. are seperate ones needed for qt v6 files?

thanks
no idea about the quicktime stuff, sorry - i don't use any of that - try the original size mode.

and no, i'm not going to code support for movies during slideshows. i don't have the time or inclination.

xbmc is opensource - anyone who feels like it is most welcome to contribute.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

shame :verysad: but just so i understand the task better;

would it be a major overhaul of the my pictures slideshow? i ask as mplayer already plays the file type.

wheres the best place to request it, here in the feature requests forum or at sourceforge ?

thanks anyway.
the issue is that:

1. my pictures would need some (very small) additions allowing videos to be run on click. this is trivial.

2. the slideshow would require a bigger rewrite. it would need to fade the current picture to be faded out, the video file played (which could cause issues as it needs a new window - not sure), then the next picture faded in on completion. this would mean that the slideshow window would need to register as a playlist player so it knows when the file stops. there's also the issue of what happens if the user jumps to the gui while playing the video - many, many things to consider.

and that's just off the top of my head.

requests are handled via the sourceforge site, but to be honest, only exceptionally good + useful user suggestions are ever taken up - and then only if a dev has a vested interest (ie they want the feature themselves). this is a volunteer project afterall - everything is developed in our spare time.

cheers,
jonathan

if you think its easy enough, even the 'run on click' would be very handy. then at least you wouldnt have to switch back over to my videos, then find the folder yadda yadda..

go on , pretty please ? :bowdown:
it's left as an exercise for the reader. :p

cheers,
jonathan
(yes, i am a mathematician)

i havn't a clue about programming, i'm a pure user of xbmc.

any other friendly devs. out there care to pick this up ?

would anyone else find this useful ?
BigBellyBilly Wrote:i havn't a clue about programming, i'm a pure user of xbmc.

any other friendly devs. out there care to pick this up ?

would anyone else find this useful ?

This would be VERY userful and I've been hoping this feature got implemented a long time ago ...

I found another thread that touched on this subject with no result.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=9392

i take a video clip here and there with my camera and it bugs me to have to toggle between "My Pictures" and "My Videos"

i wouldn't even care about fading the picture into video and viceversa as long as they just played in one continues slideshow.

please make the slideshow 'incorporate' our video clips into it.
I have a similar problem with music videoclips... (yes, i LOVE iTunes Big Grin )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow to accept video files?0