Night - UNICODE Support
DOWNLOAD

Totally redid all Night Fonts and switched to unicode fonts. Well, all except Home screen, as I haven't been able to find a thin unicode font comparable yet...Also caught a bunch of minor positioning errors.

Some sections the switch actually looks better, some are not as good. In the end this will probably turn into the main Night branch but as of now git is unchanged...

Probably missed a few things but switching fonts after a skin has been out for awhile is a big task, let me know if you catch anything

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Some sections the switch actually looks better,

It's for the better - new one made the clock start working! Wink
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

will those work for hebrew? atm i'm using my own set of unicode fonts to make it work
logictester Wrote:will those work for hebrew? atm i'm using my own set of unicode fonts to make it work

If works in Confluence/PM3 works then yes...

Man I think it's a great job, but the "probably" is killing me!!! I will update my MOD so you better make it the main branch... Wink

Think after my next update this will take me one or two days if I don't encounter any problems.
I didn't spend a week redoing the whole skin for nothing, so I might as well say this will be default Night unless this thread gets filled up hundreds of "This sucks it ruins the skin" posts.

But from my eyes I'd say it's an improvement, and a good amount of the windows you hardly notice.

based on the screenshots i don't see any problems with the new fonts. go for it.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
is there a way to make movie titles all capitalized again on the posters view? I like seeing titles in caps.
xmurrx Wrote:is there a way to make movie titles all capitalized again on the posters view? I like seeing titles in caps.

Spend a whole week and never even noticed, yea I'll change that...

Used it last night. My initial reaction was the text seemed squished and spread out - but as I used it, I started to really like it. Almost clearer and easier on the eyes. Good work as usual, and thanks for all the time you've put into this!
xmurrx Wrote:is there a way to make movie titles all capitalized again on the posters view? I like seeing titles in caps.

No, Please don't do that.

Some movie titles do have silly capitalized letters in the tiles just so as to make the movie title stand out/Look different. If you make the defult that all letters are capitalized. Then said movie titles will not read as they are meant too.
Oddsodz Wrote:No, Please don't do that.

Some movie titles do have silly capitalized letters in the tiles just so as to make the movie title stand out/Look different. If you make the defult that all letters are capitalized. Then said movie titles will not read as they are meant too.

Haven't decided yet, I kinda like how it is at the moment...

Oh and this is now on GIT

Well I updated my MOD to this, didn't update GIT yet. Still from all the code reading and testing so far I detected a few lines of text that get overlapped and some other that are not aligned, will try to report with the changes necessary to the BUGS topic asap, but I have a lot of other projects going on in my MOD now, so can't promise anything, except for some missing text in jukebox in list mode they are little things, I can live with it for some days.

Some text seems a little odd at first but I'm getting used to them anyway.
KiSUAN Wrote:Well I updated my MOD to this, didn't update GIT yet. Still from all the code reading and testing so far I detected a few lines of text that get overlapped and some other that are not aligned, will try to report with the changes necessary to the BUGS topic asap, but I have a lot of other projects going on in my MOD now, so can't promise anything, except for some missing text in jukebox in list mode they are little things, I can live with it for some days.

Some text seems a little odd at first but I'm getting used to them anyway.

Thought Jukebox was good, both Library and Files, but yea there probably will be a few places here and there that need correcting...And no rush, if you find something let me know, thx...

mcborzu Wrote:Haven't decided yet, I kinda like how it is at the moment...

Oh and this is now on GIT

Nice work, looks great..+1 for non caps.. easer 2 read 4 me personally ..(After a couple of beers) Big Grin
Cheers..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - UNICODE Support0