• 2(current)
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)
Awesome. Although I can't help but notice the chain for the pocket watch is a little washed out or something. Just looks odd and sticks out to me.

Everything else is primo!
ppic Wrote:i've just review all your mockup, this skin will be amazing.
if you need adjustment from next aired, please tell, i'll be glad to do it Wink

Hey ppic - I don't guess you'd have any input in making the RSS portion work correctly? I know there have been some scripts written as a feed reader in the past, but they all seem to be dependant on their own custom screens.

From talking to ronie, I think what we need is something that will run in the background and make the list from the feed available to the skin, and then the text of the selected item.

After your excellent work on the other scripts, I didn't know if this might be something you would be interested in tackleing?
yes that should be doable Wink

tell me more on your need, i'll try it Wink
ppic Wrote:yes that should be doable Wink

tell me more on your need, i'll try it Wink

You can probably tell best from these pictures what the idea is:

and

The outline:

Script needs to pull RSS feed from website, parse and display listing. For this example I'm using the feeds featured on this page:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rss

RSS is a pretty well documented standard, so parsing shouldn't be too much of an issue. Once the feed is pulled, each "Headline" on the feed would be a lable that would activate the window in the second screenshot, this time pulling the full article's URL from the feed. Ultimatly, there could be images and such associated with the full article... but for our purposes now I think just parsing the text of the full article and displaying it is all we need. The parising of the full article is something that could be an improvement down the road.

Right now I think the script would need to be passed the following information:

1. Feed or Article?
2. The URL of the feed or article
3. The number of articles to return (If feed)

Then return either

1. The list of items in the feed
2. The text of the article

Hope this makes some sense... someone please chime in if you have additional ideas or some way to make this easier. XBMC already has some handler to pull the feed (see the crawl on the home page) but no ability (that I am aware of) to parse the feed into headlines, and then pull the full article.

Dan

PS: Might be useful -> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287
circle_ Wrote:Awesome. Although I can't help but notice the chain for the pocket watch is a little washed out or something. Just looks odd and sticks out to me.

Everything else is primo!

Yeah, I'm not sold on that image I'm using... the chain is a little out of focus in the original photo. I also noted that I need to clean up the edges a little, there is some grey left in a few places. My hope is that once its up on the big screen it won't be nearly as noticeable... but we'll see what happens.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:These screenshots all in one place are looking simply fabulous.

Yeah, for my sanity's sake I had to kind of get them all in once place so I could see them and get an idea of where I was. Even on my local system I don't have a good way to gauge my progress without getting them all together like that.

Once I finalize the font decision I will update them all with the correct fonts and current layouts.
Walking Dead, Christopher Guest, NOFX.... you have awesome taste all around blacklist.

Now back to productive comments... :p
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Walking Dead, Christopher Guest, NOFX.... you have awesome taste all around blacklist.

Now back to productive comments... :p

You forgot Anne Hathaway... Wink
clock2113 Wrote:Walking Dead, Christopher Guest, NOFX.... you have awesome taste all around blacklist.

remember, those are just mockups...
for all we know, he could be listening to Celine Dion right now. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:remember, those are just mockups...
for all we know, he could be listening to Celine Dion right now. ;-)

http://www.last.fm/user/expunk_atl

If you REALLY wanted to know... I got 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one - HIT ME!
The skin mock ups look AMAZING. Glad you started this thread. The great thing is even if you explained your ideas for the skin to someone, they would be really impressed without ever seeing the graphics.Great Ideas.
blacklist Wrote:Hey ppic - I don't guess you'd have any input in making the RSS portion work correctly? I know there have been some scripts written as a feed reader in the past, but they all seem to be dependant on their own custom screens.

From talking to ronie, I think what we need is something that will run in the background and make the list from the feed available to the skin, and then the text of the selected item.

After your excellent work on the other scripts, I didn't know if this might be something you would be interested in tackleing?
blacklist, i'll try to modify my RSS script to work more like 'recently added' script (that You can add to any skin's window).
blacklist Wrote:You can probably tell best from these pictures what the idea is:

and

The outline:

Script needs to pull RSS feed from website, parse and display listing. For this example I'm using the feeds featured on this page:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rss

RSS is a pretty well documented standard, so parsing shouldn't be too much of an issue. Once the feed is pulled, each "Headline" on the feed would be a lable that would activate the window in the second screenshot, this time pulling the full article's URL from the feed. Ultimatly, there could be images and such associated with the full article... but for our purposes now I think just parsing the text of the full article and displaying it is all we need. The parising of the full article is something that could be an improvement down the road.

Right now I think the script would need to be passed the following information:

1. Feed or Article?
2. The URL of the feed or article
3. The number of articles to return (If feed)

Then return either

1. The list of items in the feed
2. The text of the article

Hope this makes some sense... someone please chime in if you have additional ideas or some way to make this easier. XBMC already has some handler to pull the feed (see the crawl on the home page) but no ability (that I am aware of) to parse the feed into headlines, and then pull the full article.

Dan

PS: Might be useful -> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287

ok i see what you need Big Grin
grajen3 Wrote:blacklist, i'll try to modify my RSS script to work more like 'recently added' script (that You can add to any skin's window).

That would be awesome grajen, I wasn't sure if that was someone you could do with your script or not. I'm not at all familiar with how scripts interact with the skins...

I guess were going to have to do some modification to e recently added and random item scripts as well in order to make the "featured actor", etc. Work as intended.
blacklist Wrote:That would be awesome grajen, I wasn't sure if that was someone you could do with your script or not. I'm not at all familiar with how scripts interact with the skins...

I guess were going to have to do some modification to e recently added and random item scripts as well in order to make the "featured actor", etc. Work as intended.
let just me understand You correctly - You want to be able do have that rss in Your 'home' window? If so, than I think I won't have to change recently added/random scripts
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)12