Disable DXVA for SD content
Dear All,

I submitted a patch to allow disabling DXVA for "SD" content (resolution not larger than 720x576 pixels) via advancedsettings.xml. See here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10811.

Originally I made it because the Lanczos3 optimized upscaler is superior over ION DXVA (bilinear?) upscaling, but I can not use it with h.264 SD content when DXVA is turned on (which I obviously need to decode 720p and 1080p content). However, it also helps people with lots of interlaced SD content (for example home videos) to enable deinterlace until DXVA deinterlace gets available in XBMC.
I'd like this, but do I need to make compile and make my own binary file in order to do so? Any kind of guide would be awesome! Also a new modded Dharma RC2 .exe for Windows with the patch included would be nice :-)
Can someone please post a link to a pre-compiled RC2 with this patch?

Is possible to get this patch into the trunk? It seems quite useful.
please post back when this gets accepted into a nightly build... I'm looking forward to using it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
if I were to apply this patch would this still work with the latest nightly build?

excuse my ignorance on this subject Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out on my own Smile
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

You may also try the build in my signature, it does HQ scaling with DXVA and hardware deinterlacing and therefore makes this patch somewhat obsolete. Smile
a11599 Wrote:You may also try the build in my signature, it does HQ scaling with DXVA and hardware deinterlacing and therefore makes this patch somewhat obsolete. Smile

It seems that the fixes you put in your build might fix some of the problems I'm having (or at least help them) but I was wondering, (bare with me I'm a complete noob when it comes to builds and git, but I'm learning....) is that build going to give me the latest code? is it an equivalent to the nightly builds but with the fixes you put in?
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

It is based on an end of March git version (nightly), so not all the recent changes are in my build. But other than that, it is a standard master XBMC with the patches, no other trickery around. I use it in "production", but later versions are not compatible with Dharma add-ons which makes them somewhat impractical for daily use. Maybe I should check where add-on ports stand now and if there is an improvement I will compile a newer one. Otherwise I would prefer a newer version, there are some substantial changes in Confluence skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable DXVA for SD content0