Integrated SHOUTcast / ICEcast streaming server?
wondering if it's possible to stream music from the xbox, so the xbox would be a shoutcast/ice server. this would be very nice.

also on a side note, has anyone had gui lockups when using the media center from the web. everytime i control it from the browser and i go back to the xbox, it goes black and i can't mess with it anymore from the tv. it just stays black, it doesn't freeze it still plays music but it's just a black screen on tv.
Quote:wondering if it's possible to stream music from the xbox, so the xbox would be a shoutcast/ice server. this would be very nice.
it's not possible.

Quote:also on a side note, has anyone had gui lockups when using the media center from the web. everytime i control it from the browser and i go back to the xbox, it goes black and i can't mess with it anymore from the tv. it just stays black, it doesn't freeze it still plays music but it's just a black screen on tv.
what are you using to control xbmc via the web? the standard web interface, or a third party app like xbmc remote control from nad?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'm using the standard.
hey guys. nearly 12 months went away since my post. are they any news about it now?

maybe there is a plugin or 3rd party app that can do it? i love xbmp/c for 4 years now, that is the last feature i really miss.
nope. unless there are some python scripts, i dunno.
wouldnt a samber or upnp server have to be installed first in order to get a shoutcast server going
KingJames Wrote:wouldnt a samber or upnp server have to be installed first in order to get a shoutcast server going
huh? samber?, maybe you mean samba. Anyway, SHOUTcast and ICEcast has nothing to do with UPnP or SAMBA, ...a real SHOUTcast and/or ICEcast server would be needed for them.

Read these wikipedia articles for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoutcast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icecast
Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i remember to asked this questions ages ago. But cannot remember the negative answer.

anyways heres again. since xbmc's webfrontend an mp3 library do a so good job i want to set up a littel remote radio station like that:

1. use the webfrontend from xbmc to choose music
2. play the music through xbmc
3. send it to a remote shoutcast or icecast server to broadcast to my friends.

yet i achieve it only on my local pc with winamp & eddcast / shoutcast. but the whole mp3 archive is at home on my xbmc-computer. ;(

the shoutcastfeature would be a killerapp in my opinion. yet there is no other possibility to get this working (winamp doesnt have a webfrontend).
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
pulseaudio can probably be routed to whatever you feel like. no idea about windows
There is also Winamp Remote (Windows), and SqueezeBox (Windows and Linux) which offer features like this. It would be nice to be able to control it and stream in that fashion, but would require a bit of overhead to write the code for it.
Exclamation 
There IS NO ALTERNATIVE on the whole Internet right now (except jinzora, but its so cryptic and hard to configure)

After reading the latest news at http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/02/06/coming-soon/

i want to rewish my most wanted feature suggest. I want to stream my home-archive music (which is indexed by xbmc) to a shoutcast server (or icecast). so everyone of my friends can connect to my stream or (if they have webaccess to my xbmc box) change the tracks if they want. like a social-radio Wink

i dont want to download the music to my client pc, i only want select the track and if i press play, the stream connects to a shoutcast server.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated SHOUTcast / ICEcast streaming server?0