Who can make this script?
who can make a script that allows users to access the episodeguide on:

http://www.thesimpsons.com/episode_guide/index.htm

i can't do one line of scripting myself and i have given up trying to learn it.

but it would be really great if someone would make the script.

wish i could offer a big fat paycheck for it, but all you get if you make it is this:

me love you long time....

let me know if it is even possible

/xnox
----------------------
why can't i do that?
----------------------
everything is possible! if only i knew more about python scripting! i know something but not much!
good idea
so everything is possible, eh...?
and it's a good idea, huh...?

so why don't someone make it ??

i would do it myself but as i said - i don't know any scripting. and as homer says - trying is the first step towards failure...

/xnox
----------------------
why can't i do that?
----------------------
take it one step further . . .

pulling information from tv tome for episode guides for all shows.
wow, good idea for a script, and it would be simple too. i might put some time into this, but no promises Wink

as for using tvtome, i'd like to see xbmc break out tv into its own section, and have it grab info on series' episodes via this sits like imdb for movies. i'd like to see a new interface with the files browsable on top of a section devoted to an info screen, so it changes as you change the the episode. with movies you don't really need the info on screen as you browse, but with television shows i think you could afford it. what do you guys think?
seven5, your suggestions are right on par with what i've been dreaming about for a while now. xbmc is already so good that i feel like crying from joy every time i use it, but a "my tv" section with tv tome lookup functionality with be the icing on the cake :-)
:bump:

come on... i know someone can do it!  - do it! do it! do i!

/xnox
do it yourself. learn how to code. that's how everyone else makes scripts.
find me a site that has xml data about tv shows, and i'll do that in a jitty.
the formatting of the tv tome site is pretty standardized. it probobly wouldn't be impossible to parse it.
if someone is willing to host a script (php) that would scrape the html file and create xml data from it, somewhere fast and able to serve all xbmc users (of this script), and who would be available to update the script when needed, then i think that would be a good compromise...
that way, every script use the same url to get it's data from, and when an update is needed, only the php script needs to be updated, not every xbmc' user scripts!

though tvtome.com might decide to block the host's ip after some time if they monitor for data scrapping...
why not just make a script that allows one to make a series of episode guides for various shows, i mean looking a this simpsons url its just a graphic backround and then text? this could be simple enough? thus u flip thru till you have found the episode you want to view read the info then hit a button to execute the file, you could do a number of them for different shows?
(seven5 @ jan. 09 2005,08:56 Wrote:wow, good idea for a script, and it would be simple too. i might put some time into this, but no promises Wink

as for using tvtome, i'd like to see xbmc break out tv into its own section, and have it grab info on series' episodes via this sits like imdb for movies. i'd like to see a new interface with the files browsable on top of a section devoted to an info screen, so it changes as you change the the episode. with movies you don't really need the info on screen as you browse, but with television shows i think you could afford it. what do you guys think?
that would be awesome.
hate to be a party pooper guys but i thought this idea should be brought back down to reality. getting the data from thesimpsons.com is kind of pointless, it's a fairly complicated site, and it's only for one show.

now the tvtome idea is a little better, but in the context of a python script you are going off track. what could happen is a script that would access a guide of a show specified in the .py document, in the form of http://www.tvtome.com/<your_show>/eplist.html . from here it could display all the relevant data, and if selected, a long description from the link.

however, to make a script to get all this data would be a long and hard process, so i don't see it happening any time soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who can make this script?0