Scraper Scraping -Art not displaying -Full details provided - Have not slept 4 days!
Situation is as follows (and yes, I have really been trying to fix this on my new shiny HTPC for 4 nights now):

PC 1. Network Server running XP SP3 with directly attached shared storage (3 TB drives via USB) - Firewalls are OFF, fixed IP address. Server is running XBMC Dharma beta 3. Set movie scraper to IMDB. Scraper scrapes in about 4 minutes and displays everything perfectly (across 3 different skins).

PC 2. HTPC running XPS SP3 and XBMC Dharma RC1. PC connected to same network, Firewalls OFF, Dynamic IP address.

Both PCs are connected to the same router with 1 switch hop in between.

THE ISSUES:

1. The HTPC refuses to add a windows SMB network share. When this option is selected, the searching option is endlessly displayed. This is a minor issue as I can add the content I want via UPNP Tversity which is running on PC1. The only concern is I am not sure if Tversity is messing with the stream at all. Minor issue, but is anyone has any tips, let me know.

2. The HTPC is set top scrape from IMBD - The same as PC1. The HTPC scrapes - I can see it working (status bar lists the movies and I can see its doing its thing). After its done, I enter the share and I have 3 cover arts against over 300 movies. Settings are: Auto Scrap / Recursive is OFF

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR TO GET THE COVER AND FANART TO SHOW UP:

1. Remove XBMC with windows " ad/remove programs" - Said yes to " remove all user settings.

2. Tried Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Beta 4, RC1 - ALL the same issue.

3. Selected a single movie and clicked "I" on the keyboard. Pressed " update " - Nothing. Pressed "get thumb"- Nothing.

4. Examined my file names to make sure they were very clear (no "moviename_DVIX_blahblah.avi" - 90% of the names are OK.

5. Removed the 3 movies that would somehow be scraped on every single release. Rescanned, they were gone, Re-added and then rescanned, they came back with the artwork - but of course the other 99% of my movies did not.

6. Check my users>XBMC folders and DID VALIDATE that the thumbs are downloaded.

So, I am stumped. PC1 with the exact same fresh install of XP as PC on the same network, WORKS (and dam fast too), PC2 just refuses to display the art work.

Any clues oh almighty XBMC forumsHuhHuh?

( Please no " read the wiki " comments as I already have and cannot find a solution - unless I missed it).

I can post logs when I get home if requested.

Thanks !!!!
have you tried removing all content from your libraries, cleaning the database and scanning it back in?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

How about a debug log of the scraping process?

You say 'I enter the share and I have 3 cover arts against over 300 movies'. The scraping process doesn't put images in the folders. What do you get when you view in library mode?
-stoli-
Answers:

> I have not manually deleted the libraries or DB. My assumption is when I used windows to uninstall XBMC and it asked " would you like to remove all program folders" that it was removing them. Unless someone knows the answer to that, I will double check when I get home.

> When I view in Library mode I can see the 3 files that show up when I am in file mode (300, 3 amigos and Avatar).
UPDATE:

Deleted Movie Database
Deleted ALL thumbs
Deleted ALL files from the source UPNP drives that were not the actual movies

Restarted and scanned one of the UPNP sources with IMBD turned on (and autoscan).
I noticed it was downloading all movies in GERMAN!!!!

So, I shut down XBMC, deleted everything all over again, disabled the IMDB scraper and tried again with " The movie DB".

This time it scanned but it did not show that it found any movies. I checked videos when it was done, nothing displayed.

Deleted everything again, Added the AMAZON.com scraper, rescraped - NOTHING.
Deleted and then re-added IMDB, Try that, still in German.

I am lost here guys, what the H am I doing wrongHuhHuh Its not possible 3 scrapers are down. Does scraping not work against UPNP sharesHuh? I'm lost.
" The HTPC refuses to add a windows SMB network share"

I would try to make things simple by not using this option. On your HTPC, use Windows explorer to map the network share to a disk drive, and then select that drive as a source in Video Files mode "Add Source".

This way there is no need for XBMC to search for the connected UPNP shares in the network, and your debugging of the problem will be much easier.
OMG -

1. I forgot that option (I have been mac for so long).
2. After I mapped the drive, added a new source and scrapped - IT WORKED!!!

SO - at least for me - UPNP with Tversity is a BIG FAT NO GO!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt!

Now - my only concern is drive letter reasignment Sad - My server is a Dell XPS M1710 that has been running for 2 years. It has 3 USB HDs plugged directly into the XPS ports. Twice in the last 2 years I had a dirty restart (power out, etc.) and the drive letter reassigned themselves - was not pretty when every TV in my house has some devise mapped to the drives ( 8 TVs ). Anyone know how to fix the drive letter for a USB HD?? Wink
meatwad Wrote:OMG -

1. I forgot that option (I have been mac for so long).
2. After I mapped the drive, added a new source and scrapped - IT WORKED!!!

SO - at least for me - UPNP with Tversity is a BIG FAT NO GO!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt!

Now - my only concern is drive letter reasignment Sad - My server is a Dell XPS M1710 that has been running for 2 years. It has 3 USB HDs plugged directly into the XPS ports. Twice in the last 2 years I had a dirty restart (power out, etc.) and the drive letter reassigned themselves - was not pretty when every TV in my house has some devise mapped to the drives ( 8 TVs ). Anyone know how to fix the drive letter for a USB HD?? Wink

Big Grin congrats! now go to the Administrative Tools and select Computer Management, Storage, Disk Management to assign disk drive letter to each as you wish (right-click on each drive and Change Drive letter and path).
UPNP sources cannot be used with the library. For future reference, they will not be scanned into it.
Thanks all.

Prae - Is that in the wiki and if not should it be moving forward to prevent poor saps like me from spending many sleepless nights?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper Scraping -Art not displaying -Full details provided - Have not slept 4 days!0