Music Videos using Music Scrapers?
Here is a thread that help you create NFO's out of the file names. perhaps it can help?!

I fully agree there is no good scraper so I found this one to be, for me, the best alternative...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63794&page=2
I have quite a few concert videos (full length). I have tagged them and created "movie.nfo" files for each (in their own folders). I can add them to my library, but they get added to my "Movies".
What I would like to do is have 2 groups of Movies on my Home page using "genres". I would like to have Concerts (aka Music Videos), and Movies (everything except Music Videos genre).

Is it possible to exclude one genre?

Any ideas?

Update: I found a way to do what I want using "Smart Playlists". I added my concerts to my library, then created a Smart Playlist for my Movies and one for my Concerts using the "path" to each folder (D:\Movies and M:\Concerts). Then I hid the main Movie panel and added custom panels for my Movies Playlist and Concerts Playlist. Works like a charm!
Somebody made an nfo creator script (to be ran outside of xbmc0 that could search through all your music and if the files are named correctly it would extract the band name and song name. It isn't an ideal solution but could save you some time, I know I use it since I listen to Japanese and Korean stuff so the scrapers don't pick a single thing up. With some simple modifications you could make it take more out of the filename as long as your naming convention is always the same.

I could post it here if anybody is interested but I can't remember the original author so I can't credit them. Otherwise I'm sure I got it from these forums so do searching.
musera Wrote:Somebody made an nfo creator script (to be ran outside of xbmc0 that could search through all your music and if the files are named correctly it would extract the band name and song name. It isn't an ideal solution but could save you some time, I know I use it since I listen to Japanese and Korean stuff so the scrapers don't pick a single thing up. With some simple modifications you could make it take more out of the filename as long as your naming convention is always the same.

I could post it here if anybody is interested but I can't remember the original author so I can't credit them. Otherwise I'm sure I got it from these forums so do searching.

I came across this tool you are talking about from a Google search just Yesterday and am at work ATM so don't know either.

I am pretty new to XBMC but used Meedio and MediaPortal for 5 years previous. So far, everything (Music, HDD Movies, Offline Movies, TV Shows, Shoutcast, TV Emulation etc...) has all been quite simple but music videos just don't fit in well and the MTV scraper went bust just after I started with XBMC.

I have my videos imported using the basic NFO creator but this just gives me the Artist and Song which is good enough. I have found though (maybe because I am using a MySQL database) that when I try and do a list of artists in the Music videos, the artists are listed but there are no video files listed. I need to list by file name which lists normally but I get no more data or options than a simple folder view. The only benefit is its now a library of files that can be used easier when creating playlists.

Not too fussed at the moment as it's a lower priority and I have a MusicTV channel with Psuedo TV so that's great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos using Music Scrapers?0