XBMSP/ccxstream
Hi all!

Can't seem to find much information on the ccxstream program on the forum, but I've found it very useful for streaming DVD-quality movies from my FreeBSD server to my XBMC. Although I've got an actual XBOX, I presume that the XBMSP protocol is still viable for all platforms? I find it both faster and more stable than SMB (although that might be because I s*ck tweaking SMB...)

Well, to my point:
Since I usually upload my movies from my Mac via AFP to my server, I always get the .AppleDouble directories everywhere (which I guess is a good thing). Very annyoing though when I browse through my movies which are shared by ccxstream (XBMSP). I've searched the internet for a solution, and no good ones were found, so I decided to have a crack at the source code of ccxstream. It turns out that two little lines in the source code can prevent any hidden directories/files to be shown.

Now, I'm happy! No more .AppleDouble showing up in my media list!
Well now to my point (I guess) Smile
Since I couldn't find the sourceforge project of ccxstream, I though I'd post the information here at least so someone else being annoyed over the same issue can find it...

Anyone care for hacking? These lines should be added in the file ccxfile.c starting at line 209. (for ccxstream v. 1.0.15)
if (tmp[0] == '.')
return NULL;

That's it. Recompile and install and you are all set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMSP/ccxstream0