tablet suggestion
The best would be to post a diff to the tracker so I can make it go upstream if it's beneficial.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:The best would be to post a diff to the tracker so I can make it go upstream if it's beneficial.

I uploaded the patch (based on rev. 703) here.

There are some other changes not concerning tablet support... just look if there's some code you can use...
Larry_Lobster Wrote:I've uploaded the version here.

Look at the settings.. there are some new possibilities...

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster

Hello Larry,
I'm not able to install your .apk - it gives me a kind of strange error - the application cannot be read or something similar...
I have no problem with the original one.
I'm on android 1.5 (Archos 8 Home Tablet)

Thank you!
Regards,
Tash
I have uploaded another version based on the lastest repository revision 735.
APK
Patch

This version provides the following features:
  • Now playing landscape
  • Monitor mode (increased font size of Now Playing screen)
  • Autostart xbmc remote on Android boot

Thanks for trying this one.

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
Thanks Larry, I still haven't had the time to look at your patch thoroughly, but will hopefully do so soon.

Cheers!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Larry, I installed your apk on my Archos 101 and the now playing screen shows exactly how it should!

Please note I have only viewed it in landscape and I haven't tested it on my HTC Legend phone (3,2" / 320 x 480) yet.

I noticed one small issue: if you click on the playlist button, I get a NullPointerException.

Many thanks!
AussieFries Wrote:Larry, I installed your apk on my Archos 101 and the now playing screen shows exactly how it should!

Please note I have only viewed it in landscape and I haven't tested it on my HTC Legend phone (3,2" / 320 x 480) yet.

I noticed one small issue: if you click on the playlist button, I get a NullPointerException.

Many thanks!

In this version "Now playing" is fixed to be shown in landscape mode... I just wanted to get a proof how it might look like... so I guess it's not a good idea to use it on your mobile phone Confused
Aquarius Wrote:Hi all,

With the new APIs for multiple panels apps, drag & drop and all that will be available in Honeycomb (SDK preview available to play with) do you guys know if you'll try to focus on that as it seems the easiest route to create a wonderfull tablet app, or will you try to adapt something for 2.x androids ?

Thank you all !

Yes XBMC on android 3.0 should be a priority since soon almost everytab will be running it.
Larry, could you please upload the 715 patch here to a new issue, I've only saved the 705 version and your links are dead. Thanks!
Added poster/cover resizing for tablets. Here two screenshots from my Galaxy Tab:

AWESOME exactly what I have been waiting for. Cant wait to try it!
Yeah sorry forgot to paste the link, I've built a test build for this one:

Please check if the default icons are all nicely rendered and not fuzzed because some of them get resized on hires devices.
johndoe2000 Wrote:Yes XBMC on android 3.0 should be a priority since soon almost everytab will be running it.

I guess it will be tricky/hard/time consuming to try to maintain two version of the UI or two version of the app. One using 3.0 APIs and one sticking to 1.5 or 1.6.

EDIT : just out of curiosity : would there be a way to have a single app for the background communication process and several different UIs using different APIs and different Android versions ? It may be a very dumb question so sorry if it is.
freezy Wrote:Yeah sorry forgot to paste the link, I've built a test build for this one:

Please check if the default icons are all nicely rendered and not fuzzed because some of them get resized on hires devices.

Looks great on nook color.
Hi Freezy,

I installed v0.8.5-beta1 r745 on my 10" 1045x600 tablet. The new lay-out is great!

However on my device album thumbs are not "maximized" like they are in your screenshot. They seem to have the same size as in previous releases.

I like the bigger font size in the album view, but IMHO it's a bit too big on my device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tablet suggestion0