tablet suggestion
Remote is now correctly displayed
nico1375 Wrote:Speaking of the galaxy tab, until we have an xbmc port, I would love to see the xbmc remote fill& fit the screen which currently is too big for the remote Smile

Nico - Try this:

http://androidcommunity.com/galaxy-tab-f...-20101103/

Worked great on my Tab. All apps that were not running in full screen are now.

And BTW, +1 on XBMC for Android.
landj9697 Wrote:Nico - Try this:

http://androidcommunity.com/galaxy-tab-f...-20101103/

Worked great on my Tab. All apps that were not running in full screen are now.

And BTW, +1 on XBMC for Android.

Try this also

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878016
Hello all,

I've been using XBMC remote for months now on my Android phone, so thanks a lot all you people, you're amazing !

In this tablet discussion I've seen that you're trying to modify the Remote screen but not so much the others screens. It seems to me tablet sized screens with higher resolution could allow us to have better UI with things like 2 pannels on the screen (for exemple, one with media library browsing, settings, the other with the Playlist, Now Playing, and Remote).

I know there's a lot of thinking to do before starting that kind of work, but I just wondered if anyone was actively working on it, or maybe I'm totally off-topic...

Thanks a lot for all that work !
I'd like to be able to change font size in the now playing section so I can view the name of the song when I'm a few steps away from the tablet.

The text in the now playing screen is quite small, even on a 10" screen.
Great to see that the project focusses on tablets... freezy: you might remind a discussion we had some months ago concerning this topic...

I biought an Android tablet, too, just for using xbmcremote.

As I'm a Java Software Developer I've created a "Now playing" landscape screen by myself. If you would like to get the sources as a starting point for you, just let me know.

I adjusted the font size, too, so you can read it on my 7" tablet from a distance of about 3 meters (depending on your eyes Shocked )

I can attach my apk file later for discussing my solution...

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
Hi Larry,

I have not been able to compile the sources so I'm interested in your apk! (I assume it's based on v0.8.5-beta1 r730?)
AussieFries Wrote:Hi Larry,

I have not been able to compile the sources so I'm interested in your apk! (I assume it's based on v0.8.5-beta1 r730?)

Currently it's based on r703... I didn't find the time to merge the sources so far...

there are some features I build in:
  • Optimized landscape view for "Now playing"
  • Monitoring mode:
    • Provides a very large "Now playing" view by hiding the cover
    • You can specify an idle time: After idling this time the monitor mode is activated (like a screensaver)
I've uploaded the version here.

Look at the settings.. there are some new possibilities...

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
Hi all,

With the new APIs for multiple panels apps, drag & drop and all that will be available in Honeycomb (SDK preview available to play with) do you guys know if you'll try to focus on that as it seems the easiest route to create a wonderfull tablet app, or will you try to adapt something for 2.x androids ?

Thank you all !
Aquarius Wrote:Hi all,

With the new APIs for multiple panels apps, drag & drop and all that will be available in Honeycomb (SDK preview available to play with) do you guys know if you'll try to focus on that as it seems the easiest route to create a wonderfull tablet app, or will you try to adapt something for 2.x androids ?

Thank you all !

I hope they take advantage of the new APIs, since once my NookColor shows up tomorrow I'll be putting Honeycomb onto it!
we'll see. the emulator of the preview release is so slow it's unbearable to work with. i guess i'll have to wait until an update or rom for the galaxy tab is available so i can properly fiddle with it.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Larry_Lobster Wrote:I've uploaded the version here.

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster

Thanks!
Larry_Lobster Wrote:I've uploaded the version here.

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster

Please publish the sources as well, the code is under GPL.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:Please publish the sources as well, the code is under GPL.

I will do so this evening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tablet suggestion0