Live TV / PVR and proper hardware
Unraid supports NFS beautifully with its user shares. Fstab!

I am waiting on my Antec 1200 to be delivered next week....NodNodNod

Sorry....just had to jump in and say that...lol
I am a bit excited....Big Grin
WE ALL WE GOT
Hi all . . .

I want to resurrect this thread for some short advice on getting OTA tv into XBMC. Is this possible? Is there some plug-in that allows it?

I suppose firstly I should advise you that I am running Windows 7, and that I have an open PCI-e slot in my computer. I am cutting the cord from the cablebox, so I will have ZERO cable signal coming in. I am looking for the best recommendation for hardware which will allow me to receive live over-the-air television signals (ATSC?), and watch through my HTPC. (Mostly, I want it for local news, etc . . . otherwise I would download any content via USENET ? )

I'm assuming that since I will not have a cable signal that I cannot use something like HDHomeRun ?

Do I need mythtv or mediaportal?? If so, can I run this on the same box as my XBMC?

I'm guessing that I will not be able to receive QAM without cable company's signal . . . correct assumption?

Could anyone give me some advice to this end? Is there additional configuration required other than simply installing the device?

Is there recording available?

I am sorry to have so many questions, but I am having great difficulty finding any answers in this massive forum. About the most information I have gleaned from the forum came from one post by PoofyHairGuy - which I am greatful for . . . http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=656886&postcount=4

Any help in providing answers or showing me links to good answers would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks in advance.
(bump)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV / PVR and proper hardware1