Replacing my WDTV Live, please give a newbie some suggestions!
Hey all, I've been a lurker for a while now, and decided it's about time to jump into xbmc.

I currently use the WDTV Live for streaming, which actually works well, but the interface is complete garbage. I'm looking to replace it with xbmc to give more form and function to the whole experience.

What I am looking for:
HDMI
1080p
Small/Quiet
Compatible (I don't want to use workarounds to make xbmc work)
IR

I use a Harmony remote for controlling, so IR is big for me. I am competent enough to build my own, but it seems if you need small, a pre-built or barebones is your only option.

From what I've read the Acer Aspire Revo 3610 is king right now. I know the 1600 is floating around here and there, but I'd rather not buy used. Is the 3610 the right choice for the money? $350 is a pretty hefty cost just for a cosmetic upgrade, so I was wondering if anyone else had better suggestions, or if the 3610 is the best right now.
For IR set your Harmony to be a Windows media center remote, get a IR receiver and it works out of the box with XBMC Live, or with an easy to add pluggin in Windows 7.

I just got the Acer Aspire Revo 3700. It rocks!
Basically, any Atom/Ion combo will do. The Revos and Zotacs are fine but they have fans, whereas some of the Shuttles do not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing my WDTV Live, please give a newbie some suggestions!0