Colortheme for Transparency!

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 I've notice that in message #15 the top image appears to be a nice curved wall of panels. I'm wondering if this is the Apple TV intro screen and if you happen to have the HD or 1920 x 1080 version... I have the 720p, but I'm looking to acquire the 1080p version of both the screen and video for some future efforts.

BTW: nice work on the theme...
PatK Wrote:jI'm wondering if this is the Apple TV intro screen and if you happen to have the HD or 1920 x 1080 version... I have the 720p, but I'm looking to acquire the 1080p version of both the screen and video for some future efforts.

Sorry 720p only but I plan on redoing it, I lost my original and if you notice, there is a weird blur on the right hand side.

Running Kodi 18.9

My apologies to ronie but I changed the logic on how the shutdown buttons are displayed in greyTheme_v3. It never made sense to me that the selected items for the shutdown process did not have the proper focus.

As you can see in the top of the picture, when you enter Settings > Skin settings > Shutdown the highlighted icons are the ones that are active in the Shutdown process as shown in the bottom part of the picture. And also the selected item is the one that has its name showing.

There was no change in the code, I simply renamed the PNGs accordingly.

It makes more sense to me and I hope it makes more sense to others as well.

Running Kodi 18.9
Star 
Shouldn't the selected item in focus be the lightest shade, while unselected buttons would have a more harmonious look? I find that in many circumstances not only do we have active/inactive views, but the function is titled in bright white against 'for the most part' a subtle shade range. e.g. The word 'Random' and a title over random covers on the home page... or SYTEM, or WEATHER the titles of all the shutdown buttons, when clearly the imagery should imply it's function and in most cases words not only are not needed, but an obstruction of the overall view... Hence people asking for toned down colours in the fonts, and size changes... or just how to eliminate them.

I suspect the whole interface needs a bit of an overhaul to be a bit more compatible with the smooth functioning skin and to give it that punch.
OK, the below image has got me thinking, would it be possible to have a video file as a background for the home screen, this image would look great as a constantly rotating wall of video screens. but what I really think the feature would be good for is using windows dreamscene videos (looping videos). it would be awsome to have a flowing waterfall whenever i highlight "Pictures" or spinning cogs whenever I highlisht "Settings".

Just a thought. I expect XBMC doesn't support this in the skinning engine but I know ronie has created some great workarounds for non existent features in the past.

Star 
It would be possible to have Cinema Experience running for any movie... with only one video playing prior to the chosen video... It's a nice idea.. but think of all the guys running bare minimum set-ups. I always thought that video would make a nice screen opener... but I think it's already used, and this is XBMC code not skin.

Given that the home screen already loads up multiple slides images, with masks, buttons.. scrolling manipulated screens, RRS ticket tape tape, assorted icons with special zooming... I suspect full video would bring this page to it's knees.
Good job Wink
[Rpi3b+ (Archlinux+kodi) & Xbox One S + Kodi]
rudeboyx Wrote:I expect XBMC doesn't support this in the skinning engine but I know ronie has created some great workarounds for non existent features in the past.

don't think it can be done.
i can't define an action (play video) when a button is focused,
only when a button is clicked.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie

oh well, we'll just have to await the so-called improved skinning features of "XBMC Eden".

@PatK

I dont beleive xbmc would struggle at all with video on the home page, because I can do it right now by starting a video and leaving full screen, then returning to the home screen. Ta Da...... video in the background.
Star 
rudeboyx Wrote:@PatK
I dont beleive xbmc would struggle at all with video on the home page, because I can do it right now by starting a video and leaving full screen, then returning to the home screen. Ta Da...... video in the background.

I have noticed that... but think of those users running what I call 'minimum systems' I guess the skin could have a 'switch' in the skin.

There's a script for triva called 'Movie Quiz' which is kinda of a neat idea... it grabs random clips from your existing movie data base, plays the clip in a mask of a theatre and then asks you what it is. The author has run into some issues and is awaiting correction in a new XBMC release... so indeed video clips might be possible.
Is this color scheme usable even with T! svn ?
ZIOLele Wrote:Is this color scheme usable even with T! svn ?

Absolutely Nod

Running Kodi 18.9
I've downloaded and extracted the grey theme files but when I go to put them into the correct folders, it appears I don't have a skin.transparency folder in xbmc. I can see the skin.confluence one but not the transparency one, even though I'm currently using the standard version of Transparency already. Any ideas? Am I looking in the wrong place?
Hooblue Wrote:I've downloaded and extracted the grey theme files but when I go to put them into the correct folders, it appears I don't have a skin.transparency folder in xbmc. I can see the skin.confluence one but not the transparency one, even though I'm currently using the standard version of Transparency already. Any ideas? Am I looking in the wrong place?

yes, you're looking in the xbmc folder probably,
but you need to look in your userdata folder.

let us know what OS you're on and we could point you to the right direction. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Colortheme for Transparency!1