• 15(current)
[MOD] Night.Purity
First, remotes have lag, possible add more stress to the system also, so when using remote with a more "heavy/demanding" skin/view (Putiry+Showcase+ExThumbs) you end with this pause I figure. Don't know if you defragment your hd, but you should and this would help.

Anyway, the only difference between Night and Purity (and the reason I used the words "heavy/demanding") in this view are the backdrops (400kb dif) and the transparent PNGs icons if you have parents folders or no posters. This are the only real differences between each other, and in theory none of this are enough to make your htpc react in such a different way.

Let's make an experiment, copy the file (view) Viewtype_Showcase.xml from the folder of Night and replace the one in Purity, make a backup of the Purity files of course.
KiSUAN Wrote:First, remotes have lag, possible add more stress to the system also, so when using remote with a more "heavy/demanding" skin/view (Putiry+Showcase+ExThumbs) you end with this pause I figure. Don't know if you defragment your hd, but you should and this would help.

Anyway, the only difference between Night and Purity (and the reason I used the words "heavy/demanding") in this view are the backdrops (400kb dif) and the transparent PNGs icons if you have parents folders or no posters. This are the only real differences between each other, and in theory none of this are enough to make your htpc react in such a different way.

Let's make an experiment, copy the file (view) Viewtype_Showcase.xml from the folder of Night and replace the one in Purity, make a backup of the Purity files of course.

Thanks for all your help btw. Anyway, I swapped the vietypexml files and still had the problem.
I did however try "dark showcase" under view options and it browsed normally although the movies thumbs only loaded when I stopped browsing. Then I tried disabling thumbs in "extra thumbs" and it was about the same.
As far as defragging, this PC is only a few months old... and it's a linux machine running xbmc live, so I have no idea how to defrag anyways.

Are both Night and Night Purity equal in usage of RAM, etc?
At least in my systems memory usage with Purity is less than with Night, you can check this by enabling "debug logging" in Settings>System>Debugging, switch between skin and test it yourself. CPU usage seem to be about the same, but I don't have such a week CPU as an atom in any of my systems, even if I underclock, so I can't really tell you if this could have such an impact.

Linux, forget about defrag then.

When you load showcase there are mainly 2 different files of the skins being used, Viewtype_Showcase.xml and MyVideoNav.xml, so overwrite the other one and let's see what happen. Some skin texture might not be loaded (different name), which should help anyway, same as before backup Purity file before.

If this doesn't solve the problem I can assure you 100% that the problem isn't the skin code per se and is somewhere else, and I'm running out of ideas what could be, next advice would be reinstall everything, but that's up to you.

One more thing, Night version is the one from the Git/Passion or SVN?
Update:

- Added Media & Studio Flags to FullScreenInfo & SeekBar with some little animations.

- Changed Media Flags disposition and improve code

- Poster Plus info bug partial fix

- Little fixes...

Enjoy
KiSUAN Wrote:At least in my systems memory usage with Purity is less than with Night, you can check this by enabling "debug logging" in Settings>System>Debugging, switch between skin and test it yourself. CPU usage seem to be about the same, but I don't have such a week CPU as an atom in any of my systems, even if I underclock, so I can't really tell you if this could have such an impact.

Linux, forget about defrag then.

When you load showcase there are mainly 2 different files of the skins being used, Viewtype_Showcase.xml and MyVideoNav.xml, so overwrite the other one and let's see what happen. Some skin texture might not be loaded (different name), which should help anyway, same as before backup Purity file before.

If this doesn't solve the problem I can assure you 100% that the problem isn't the skin code per se and is somewhere else, and I'm running out of ideas what could be, next advice would be reinstall everything, but that's up to you.

One more thing, Night version is the one from the Git/Passion or SVN?

Overwriting the myvideosnav file fixed the problem but the background image is gone...
night version is the one listed here.
Thanks again for all your help.
I'm about to update to a27433a.

Also, I just downloaded the studio flags packs and transferred them to the studios folder but none of them are showing up. Are they not working because I overwrote the myvideosnav file?
Well, it seems then that the problem that you are having is in reality the backdrop then, is the only difference in reality. Leave purity as it is, I mean, restore all the files, then...

Go to <root>/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.night.purity/media/backdrops and delete "curtains_diffuse.jpg".

That should make the problem disappear.

If this work, I'll think on a real solution for you that doesn't involve losing the background.

The studio flags are only used in very little places for now, like Video Info, Full Screen Video and AVL Views. I'm in the process to add them to some Views for videos, but it isn't as simple as copy paste.
KiSUAN Wrote:Well, it seems then that the problem that you are having is in reality the backdrop then, is the only difference in reality. Leave purity as it is, I mean, restore all the files, then...

Go to <root>/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.night.purity/media/backdrops and delete "curtains_diffuse.jpg".

That should make the problem disappear.

If this work, I'll think on a real solution for you that doesn't involve losing the background.

The studio flags are only used in very little places for now, like Video Info, Full Screen Video and AVL Views. I'm in the process to add them to some Views for videos, but it isn't as simple as copy paste.

OK thanks again.
Update:

- Added Studio Flags to Showcase/Poster/Slide Views

- Improved animations and code in Showcase/Poster/Slide Views

- Improved contrast in Poster Plus

- More Minor Fixes...

Enjoy
jz1276 Wrote:OK thanks again.

Ok the result was the same as overwriting VideoNav.xml or ok I'll try?
Big Grin 
ShockedKiSUAN What are you doing man Huh Are you trying to spoil us ? giving us all this goodness ! sheesh ! But SERIOUSLY this is what I really have been looking for ages ... and now you have done it .. time to close the book ! pack the HTPC ! sob no more toiling, trailing the net , OH WAIT! EDEN is just around the corner ... wey hey .. there is reason to go on !
We are using default Purity Skin, I love the details of your Mod, but I like having the option to use more colors (orange and golden yellow). You can add this Kisuan?
I have colored flags studios, You can place them in view "panel"? my favorite.
Rolleyes
Gran trabajo Amigo y gracias.
shaktoo Wrote:ShockedKiSUAN What are you doing man Huh Are you trying to spoil us ? giving us all this goodness ! sheesh ! But SERIOUSLY this is what I really have been looking for ages ... and now you have done it .. time to close the book ! pack the HTPC ! sob no more toiling, trailing the net , OH WAIT! EDEN is just around the corner ... wey hey .. there is reason to go on !

Don't worry there's much more to be done, I have so many plans/ideas, and I'm not nowhere near finish.

The time is the only problem, work 11 hours, leisure, basic necessities, other hobbies (to many most of the time), .... , also as I stated before im going away for 5 months in a trip to Europe, so sadly things will become a little stagnated. Anyway, I'll do my best and leave a version for EDEN whatever it cost.

PatOso Wrote:We are using default Purity Skin, I love the details of your Mod, but I like having the option to use more colors (orange and golden yellow). You can add this Kisuan?
I have colored flags studios, You can place them in view "panel"? my favorite.
Rolleyes
Gran trabajo Amigo y gracias.

I will try to add some colors, orange and "golden" yellow sounds good, really like does.

About Panel View, that's a tough one, already being analyzing it, hard to place something else there, I might have to make some little adjustments, nothing to serious or that will change the view, just some resize or restructure of plot/title/mediflags/other. Anyway is gonna be a tough cookie.

Cualquier otra cosa a las ordenes...
Kisuan say:
Quote: I will try to add some colors, orange and "golden" yellow sounds good, really like does.

About Panel View, that's a tough one, already being analyzing it, hard to place something else there, I might have to make some little adjustments, nothing to serious or that will change the view, just some resize or restructure of plot/title/mediflags/other. Anyway is gonna be a tough cookie.

You can put beside mediaflags? without touching anything Huh
Background pictures of the mediaflags are wrong

^

Se me chispoteo :p

Gracias
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Night.Purity1