Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
Hey everyone,

As XBMC keeps developing, I've seen people request, as well as implement, motion backgrounds for their home screen. Since I do not know enough about coding, I cannot contribute what I wish I could to this effort. I DO create stock video footage and animated backgrounds that I offer for free use to people. Many people use it to create films and documentaries, but people have started using them as backgrounds for their web pages. I thought it might be nice to make the community aware of these video, if anyone out there uses the Cirrus way (or any other) to play videos on their homescreen or if video screensavers DO come to fruition.

Anyways, the 100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll

All of the clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.

Hope this helps!!
Personally Created Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll. All are free.
The clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.
Very nice, worth every second of the 8 hours of rendering... I love the clouds too.
Just out of curiosity, what were you rendering the footage as? Is there a specific format that works best for XBMC? If there is an option that I don't have available yet, I could render myself and offer them as a download option so you won't have to render every clip you need.
Personally Created Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll. All are free.
The clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.
ATM: most of the video in XBMC is relegated to 'splash' screens (a whole other thread on this here! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124124) and by the Cinema Experience add-on, which allows for custom videos before and after and sometime in the middle of the main feature, including trailers and trivia... it's gotten into a whole new dimension for XBMC and added unexpected functionality. With the evolution of the software, I fully expect to see shorts based on genre, theme, and sets as introduction into various areas as well as full on video for the stable functions on the home screen for a much richer experience.

The pieces are coming together, and your links are nice considerations for what could be. Patience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers1