Ms media center remote control
i bought a ms media center 2005 remote control as i had originally intended on building an htpc. obviously since then i saw the light and got an xbox instead!

however, i now have this remote control. is there anyway of using it with xbmc? i tried getting xbmc to show the ir codes to see if anything came up when pressing the buttons whilst xbmc was running with no joy. does that mean it'll not work and i should just ebay it? Huh
if it is not programmable, and does not show anything on screen when <remotecodes> is set to true in xboxmediacenter.xml, then no, it won't work.

i believe it's an rf rather than an ir remote, so it won't work anyway. (i assume you have the xbox ir dongle ofcourse!Wink

sell it and get a one for all remote or similar programmable one.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks marshall!

is there a manufacturer code for one of those 'one for all' remotes for the xbox?
i just bought the urc-6131. if you solder an eeprom and 6-pin connector on it, it becoms a full jp1 remote.

it works great as long as you have the ms dongle and not a 3rd party one. with the modifications above, you can program this with software to work with a 3rd party dongle or any device.

it controls 6 devices.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ms media center remote control0