[RELEASE] RadioTime Plugin Addon - Free Talk and Music Radio Online (WIP)
Great stuff, works like a charm (despite the rather awkward installation procedure). Definite feature request: being able to log in so that favorite stations are shown.

Keep up the good works !
I notice when I look at local stations list in Radiotime in XBMC there are a lot missing that i see when i look at the Radiotime local stations list in my web browser. Is that normal? Huh
Was looking for just this addon after using RadioTime on my android tablet.

However, I cannot figure out how to install this thing. I'm using xbmc live installed on my acer revo and I can use putty to log into it:

The first install instructions using git, I can cd to the correct folder:

cd ~/.xbmc/addons

but then using: "git clone git://gitorious.org/xbmc-radiotime/xbmc-radiotime.git plugin.music.radiotime" I get a "-bash: git: command not found" error.

I would try the 2nd install method of just extracting the folder, but since I'm on a windows pc, I cannot seem to open the linux file system from my pc.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I can't get this to show up on my ATV2 at all, and I have followed everything in the first post, and read through this complete thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I simply just can't see the plugin anywhere.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
I was able to get it to install following these instructions from another addon post for pandora:

cd ~/.xbmc/addons/

wget -O xbmc-pandora-xbmc-pandora-master.tar.gz http://gitorious.org/xbmc-pandora/xbmc-p...all/master

tar -xvzf xbmc-pandora-xbmc-pandora-master.tar.gz

rm xbmc-pandora-xbmc-pandora-master.tar.gz

mv xbmc-pandora-xbmc-pandora script.xbmc.pandora

cd $_

just change the http URL to the radiotime gitorious URL, and change script.xbmc.pandora to radiotime.

Also, even after I ran these commands, it still didn't show up in my addon list until I rebooted my xbmc box. Once I restarted it, it showed up in the list of addons and works pretty well!
Hi Eric, Can you provide the actual script you ran, I've tried what yo-u suggested but I seem to be coding something wrong... Really would appreciate it.

Thanks Smile
Devices using XBMC
Really would appreciate help with this if possible... its a shame to have to keep quitting XBMC just to stream radio Sad
Devices using XBMC
Don't worry I now have it working... Thanks Smile
Devices using XBMC
Sorry! I was actually just about to re-type what I did to get it working!

Good on ya!
I cant get this to work I am getting an error. Is this thread dead...
Got this working using the second method in the first post on ATV2. I love it - but some of the stations that show up on the iPhone App (TuneIn) & their website (tunein.com) don't show up in the Addon & some of those don't work.

Would be awesome if someone with the skills could update it to get then other stations working - if that's even possible.
Seems to work but sadly it only pulls christian and news stations. There are 2 local St. Louis stations on the site that I would love to listen to through XBMC but the addon does not see them. I see in your first post that you will be incorporating this. Hope your still working on it.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I think this Radiotime plugin hit a developmental dead end shortly after it was released, but there is another one which is more actively developed:
http://code.google.com/p/radiotime-xbmc/
note: this one requires Python 2.6.6 and SimpleJSON 1.7.1
procrastinator Wrote:I think this Radiotime plugin hit a developmental dead end shortly after it was released, but there is another one which is more actively developed:
http://code.google.com/p/radiotime-xbmc/
note: this one requires Python 2.6.6 and SimpleJSON 1.7.1

Hi,

I'm trying to use the radiotime plugin you subscribe in the link above, but I get an error when i start it.. "Error in script! : plugin.audio.radiotime"

Anyone an idea how to fix this?
i`m having the same issue on winxp xbmc 10-1
Quote:14:57:00 T:3844 M:1467904000 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.TypeError
14:57:00 T:3844 M:1467904000 ERROR: Error Contents: an integer is required
14:57:00 T:3844 M:1467826176 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.radiotime\default.py", line 171, in ?
radiotime = radiotime.RadioTime(__partnerid__, __formats__)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.radiotime\resources\lib\radiotime.py", line 30, in __init__
self._global_params.append({'param': 'serial', 'value': self.__get_mac_address()})
File "C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.radiotime\resources\lib\radiotime.py", line 39, in __get_mac_address
proc = subprocess.Popen(command, shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,)
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\subprocess.py", line 534, in __init__
(p2cread, p2cwrite,
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\subprocess.py", line 594, in _get_handles
p2cread = self._make_inheritable(p2cread)
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\subprocess.py", line 635, in _make_inheritable
DUPLICATE_SAME_ACCESS)
TypeError: an integer is required
14:57:00 T:2788 M:1467850752 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.radiotime/
14:57:00 T:2788 M:1467850752 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.radiotime/) failed
14:57:00 T:2788 M:1468837888 ERROR: Control 402 in window 10107 has been asked to focus, but it can't
14:57:04 T:2788 M:1468755968 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RadioTime Plugin Addon - Free Talk and Music Radio Online (WIP)0