[AppleTV] Apple TV with Crystal HD & XBMC Dharma RC2 crash or stutter during playback
Thumbs Up 
davilla Wrote:Order is very, very important. Update XBMC first, then always install/reinstall/update driver/lib.

The reason is PPA will install an incompatible version of chd lib. Opps that, the way it goes. So alway, always, reinstall chd after installing/updating xbmc.

Point taken and I've read that before in other forums but not as explicit direction and so I did but it did not matter I guess. Tonight I did the full reinstall of the ATV - factory reset, upgrade to 3.02, patchsticked, Launcher update, installed CHD r174, checked kextstat and dmesg OK, reboot, installed XBMC Dharma RC2, reboot. At this point it seems playing HD 720p/1080p and any SD quite confident.

So my guess is since I have 2 ATV behaving the same this seems to be an XBMC update problem: when installed on top of the previous version something does not go well. Not that it matters at this point but for those who struggle it's suggested to do a clean install. Since doing a clean install takes quite a time it would be just nice to have some script or an instruction how to completely remove the previous XBMC version before installing the next one.
Think you only need to re-install crystalhd again, not do a whole clean install....

Jim
Ant1973 Wrote:I had issues with SD content crashing and generating error 11, solved by (a) disabling image enhancement on SD content and (b) setting interlace handling and scaling options for "auto". Then everything plays fine.

omg, i had checked "enable post-processing for SD content" after clearing that, SD material works fine!, still have issues with HD streams sent from TVHeadend though, if thats fixed, my setup is done! (except for 4-5 sec audio/video sync when tuning in on a channel) but there is a separate post about that.
toxster @ freenode
Backend: QNAP TS-239 running Arch Linux, sundtek dvb-s2, tvheadend svn.
Backend 2: laptop, , 2x tevii s-660 usb, 1x sundtek sky ultimate dvb-s2 vdr/xvdr
Frontend 1: asrock ion 330, xbmc (Dharma-pvr dushmaniacs git branch)
Frontend 2: atv1 160gb, atv-usb BCM70015/r174 Dharma RC2 svn35567 | usb-key: openelec 2.0 rc4
Jimmer Wrote:Think you only need to re-install crystalhd again, not do a whole clean install....

Jim

I will test that on a second ATV where I did not do the clean install of RC2.
Lightbulb 
konan Wrote:Tonight I did the full reinstall of the ATV - factory reset, upgrade to 3.02, patchsticked, Launcher update, installed CHD r174, checked kextstat and dmesg OK, reboot, installed XBMC Dharma RC2, reboot. At this point it seems playing HD 720p/1080p and any SD quite confident.

It was too earlier to enjoy unfortunately. So far I had experienced two very heavy XBMC hangs requiring reboot after the HD playback started of a movie that plays just fine on Beta 2 + r156 combination. I was not able to capture any logs yet and will try to reproduce the problem once again with the logging turned on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Apple TV with Crystal HD & XBMC Dharma RC2 crash or stutter during playback0