Windows 7 and can't get any sound
Sorry, I'm new to xbmc so forgive naive question. I've added a video from my home library and I can hear the soundtrack OK, but have added all music from my Windows 7 library and can't get any sound.
What do I need to do please?
Also, can anyone recommend the best DVD ripping software for me to use - simple as poss!
Thanks,
Colspeed
What version of XBMC are you using?

For DVD ripping I use a combo of AnyDVD and DVDClone. It ain't cheap, but it is the best there is, IMO. Extremely easy to use, also. You will probably need a region free DVD drive, or one that can be made region free.

You can get away without DVDClone and just use AnyDVD to save a few quid.
Nomen luni Wrote:What version of XBMC are you using?

For DVD ripping I use a combo of AnyDVD and DVDClone. It ain't cheap, but it is the best there is, IMO. Extremely easy to use, also. You will probably need a region free DVD drive, or one that can be made region free.

You can get away without DVDClone and just use AnyDVD to save a few quid.
Thanks for your input. I downloaded XBMC on Sunday (5th) so guess it's latest version?
Appreciate your input about AnyDVD and DVDClone. That software is certainly on my radar but also considering DVD Cloner. Have you any experience of that?
I'm new to this so..........
No experience with DVDcloner.

What format is your music in and which version of XBMC are you using? A linux version (live), windows or Mac?
Thanks for keeping with me on this. My system, and XBMC, is running through Windows 7 so all my music currently on wma file. I s'pose this is the problem?
Also when you rip your films with DVDClone, does it automatically copy the cover art to the XBMC folder?
Appreciate your help.
colspeed Wrote:Thanks for your input. I downloaded XBMC on Sunday (5th) so guess it's latest version?

If you downloaded from xbmc.org you probably have v9.11. You can get the v10.0 (aka Dharma) RC2 from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/. Try that and see if you still have a problem. If so you need to trun on debug logging and pop a debug log on pastebin.com.

JR
No idea whether wma is supported or not.

DVDClone/AnyDVD will just copy the dvd to the directory you specify. Cover art must be downloaded from the 'net in a separate step. I have not investigated this yet, but I think it is something that can be done from within XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 and can't get any sound0