[Mockup] MetroAlaska
D0nR0sa Wrote:Oh and btw, how come everyone seems to like those overlaid 5.1 and dts icons? I don't know why but I really really dislike them, they kinda destroy the clean look of this skin.

I do like the overlaid sound icons but I agree they are not really needed. I don't understand why users need so many media flags in library views (this isn't a criticism of your concept work). I think technical media flags belong in the info pages, like they would be on the BACK of a DVD cover. Rating, Source, studio and maybe resolution are necessary. I guess it's because there are a lack of user's who use the info page. I think I've spoken about this in another thread. I constantly use the info screens. I think a poll would be a good idea for this topic.

Edit: This got me thinking about info view's and how much I love Aeon's info view. It looks like a full DVD cover, as in front and back (I like to think that was it's inspiration) Such a tangent but aeon is so inspired, the font choices are completely reminiscent of traditional movie poster's

A pretty simple and near perfect take on artist thumbs from Boxee

For Your Information Segue UI Light is the font used by Microsoft
Fraincs Wrote:For Your Information Segue UI Light is the font used by Microsoft

?
The one used currently in most of my text according to my knowledge is the Zune version Zegoe UI Light, i will hopefully find an "open" version font that looks as good if i think Microsoft will give me grief.

I have kinda created a list view for the artist, very simple bordering on lazy but i sort of like but kinda having problems on what choosing an arstist leads me on to.
The wall view will have basically have the artist thumbnails in a box but made black and white and lighten with the name in black and when a mouse is hovered over a particular box the text will dissappear and the thumbnail will go back to its original state.
Stranger Wrote:?

That was just in case you are planning to base your skin on Windows Phone 7 interface and was wondering what font it used. The font used by Microsoft is the one cited above.

In case you were wondering.
This idea is beautiful. I'd love to see a dark version like the first couple of shots Stranger posted on the first page.
I think that if this skin does get made, i will make a dark version as well.
You might want to have a look at the official WP7 Design Guidelines published by Microsoft.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone...lates.aspx
The original post has been edited
mquadrat Wrote:You might want to have a look at the official WP7 Design Guidelines published by Microsoft.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone...lates.aspx

Great Post. Reksveks although I love the idea and your persistence I'm becoming less of a fan of the outcome. I'm not sure your really thinking this out or just throwing together mock ups in PS. I don't like the design elements your using or the layout. I sound like an asshole but I really think this should stand out as a tribute to metro.
It probably is the latter that i am just throwing alot of mockups in PS, i kinda feel that i have to keep up doing something or the idea will die.

Will relook at my mock-ups though. Can you give me anything more specific in terms of want you don't like or would like ?
Something more like a panorama design ?
reksveks Wrote:It probably is the latter that i am just throwing alot of mockups in PS, i kinda feel that i have to keep up doing something or the idea will die.

Will relook at my mock-ups though. Can you give me anything more specific in terms of want you don't like or would like ?

The library menu's, they are overkill and unnecessary.
The clock/crumb (Although probably temp?)
thumbs/frames/overlays/fade's
Type placement's and size

I am concerned about a number of things but it would be easier to mock up my views instead of rambling criticisms. I'll re-post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mockup] MetroAlaska0