Streamzap Remote LIRC with Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
Howdy all,

I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 on my Acer Revo 3700. I use the team-xbmc-svn PPA for my xbmc installation. I also have a Streamzap PC Remote that I would like to use with xbmc.

However, I can't seem to get the remote to work when I go through the steps on the Streamzap wiki. Here's my steps:

First, I plug in USB receiver.

Second, I install LIRC from the Ubuntu repository:
Code:
sudo apt-get install lirc

Third, I start to configure LIRC for the streamzap remote:
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Fourth, I select "Streamzap PC Remote" as the receiving device and "None" as the transmitting device in the configuration window, which completes the configuration.

Fifth, I verify that the configuration is correct in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf and /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (both are the same as what's listed in the wiki).

Sixth, I restart LIRC:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

Seventh, I try to get a signal from the remote by pressing buttons after typing the following command:
Code:
irw

There should be input displayed in the terminal as I press the remote buttons, but there is none. The light on the USB receiver blinks when I press a button, and the batteries in the remote are fresh.

Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot?
Just a follow up, I found that my streamzap remote was defective. I contacted Streamzap and they promptly sent me a new one Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streamzap Remote LIRC with Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat0