Is the Eject under Player suppose to work?
I am using the XBMClive RC2 with this skin. I am trying to setup an external DVD player but having some trouble. I can manually open the External DVD player with a pin, but not with the Eject/load button under the Player menu on the Home screen.

When I try the Eject/load button, nothing happens. If I go to the shutdown menu, and click the Eject, it removes the DVD player and I have to restart XBMClive to get it back again

When I have a DVD in the Player, it plays just fine. But can't seem to figure out how to eject the tray. I can't even use the button on the external DVD player, its like it is locked or something.

Am I missing something, or does this just not work?

I had posted in a different area about this, but not getting anywhere. If this is against the forum rules, I apologize.
eject in the 'play disc' submenu is indeed broken, i'll fix that right away.

as for the eject problem using the shutdown menu, i can't help you with that.
best would be to post a Debug Log in the linux/live subforum.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That would be great to have this working.

As for the one in the shutdown menu, I don't really need it, I was just trying to find a way to get it working.

Thank you
well keep in mind, the eject button in the play disc menu will work exactly the same as the one on the shutdown menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So you mean that it will eject the device not open the tray to eject the DVD disc? That would be of no use to me then.
no, eject should open the tray of your drive.
works fine over here...with internal dvd drives.

maybe it's because it's an external drive that things don't work as expected...
anyway, i can't offer any help on this, see my initial reply.
One easy way of knowing if it's doable for the XBMC core code is perhaps to try to right click on your external CD drive and select EJECT and see if that works, if so then there might be a cure out there Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Eject under Player suppose to work?0