Apple Previews in Poster View Mode?
I had created a "Favourite" for the Apple Trailers in the previous version of XBMC, and then created a custom XML link in the Main Menu, which allowed me to have the Apple Movie Trailers with an Icon, AND allowed me to use Poster View... ...but ever since I upgraded to the latest daily download of XBMC, the best I can get in Apple Trailers is the 'Wall' view. Posters are tiny, as you can imagine, even on my 42" Plasma.

Is there something I can do to fix this?
Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm not certain how (if at all) I could modify the Apple Trailers to show (once again) in Poster View. Anyone?
Are you using Revisited?

If you are simply add it in the Alaska settings to a submenu.
Hitcher Wrote:Are you using Revisited?

If you are simply add it in the Alaska settings to a submenu.

Oh. No, I wasn't. I believe I'm on "the original" Alaska. If it supports it, I'll check it out. Thanks!

(You can't beat the words from the creator, himself!)

Laugh
Well, Alaska Revisited looks awesome... ...but now, I have ANOTHER problem - I can't find "Apple Trailers Lite" ANYWHERE! (It's not in the Video Add-Ons section - at least, not that I can find.) I've got both versions running - Alaska at home and Alaska Revisited here at work. Is there a chance it's just not visible here at work for some reason?
Apple trailers lite was pulled from the official xbmc repository by author request. See e.g. this thread

I believe you can add Nuka's repository (original author of the script) and find it there.
I'm confused... DurhamDev got Poster View working?
I'm using Dharma RC2, newest Alaska Revisited and the Trailer add-on from Nuka's repo (2.0.1) and can only choose between "Files" and "List". Is there a way to enable Poster View?

Edit:
I had to add the plugin as submenu again (though it already was added and was working, however without much view modes) and et voila, there are the view modes! Maybe skins do check the possible view modes only once?
Originally it was loading it in Video Files but now it uses Video Library.
I have it working now - actually, quite by accident. It used to be all so easy. Wink

Up front, I have to say, I am using "Menu 2" (I believe it is) which is the icon view, with text titles. I'm not sure if this works in other configurations, as I do not use them. If anyone wants to jump in and say 'yay' or 'nay', feel free.

I started with the Plugin, which as I understand now, might be a bit more difficult to find. I can't tell you how to do that, as I already had it available on my system, but once you have it, add it to your Favourites. Once you have it, your FAVOURITES.XML file (located in C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) should have lines that look something like this:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Apple Movie Trailers - Lite"  thumb="C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite\icon.png">ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)</favourite>
</favourites>
(In all examples "[User Name]" will denote your particular username, being used on your own system. As I understand it, "AppData" may instead be "Application Data", depending upon your particular OS.)

Now, you do NOT have to change ANYTHING in your FAVOURITES.XML, but you should copy out the "ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)" code from within. This is what you will be using - sort of - for the addition to the Main Menu, which is what I did.

To add the Trailers to your Main Menu, I edited the INCLUDES.XML file (located in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska\720p) and inserted the following code into the section where all of your Main Menu items reside:

Code:
<item id="14">
    <description>Trailers</description>
    <label>Trailers</label>
    <icon>special://skin/homeicons/trailersicon.png</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)</onclick>
</item>
Now, please note that I have changed "ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)" to ""ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)", which was my 'accidental' change... ...but it works. I simply read all of the other lines of code that did have what I wanted, and I thought, "oh, maybe this will work"... By doing this, you will have the ability to use "Poster Mode".

Enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Previews in Poster View Mode?0