Improved Playlist Control?
Lightbulb 
hi folks,

first of all i love xbmc, it's so incredible. but when listening to music i often came to the following situation:

i got playlist running and some of my friends are trying to add a song to the playlist, but instead of adding the song they just hit the play button (i am using a xbox360 controller). i think it would be cool if there was a security alert telling the user that he is going to erase the playlist.

i am using rockbox on my sansa mp3 player (great software btw) and think they are doing the playlist handling very well. let me explain how it works in rockbox:

if there are already files in your playlist and you hit play an dialog shows up and asks if you want to overwrite / erase the current playlist (select erases the current playlist and plays the selected song, any other button press cancels the command).

if you got a music file selected and you press play for long time (2-3 seconds) a context menu with the following options shows up:

Insert
Insert Next
Insert Last
Insert Shuffled
Queue
Queue Next
Queue Last
Queue Shuffled
Play Next

i am curious what you guys think about that suggestion.

best regards
Gonzoe
I think this is a valid idea, I'd say ask but highlight queue, that way its 2 press play to queue and a bit more work to erase. Its way less devastating if they would by accident enqueue than if the erased currently playing.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I'm not sure I like that interface. Instead, a non-destructive list is IMO better. i.e. anything that is user-queued won't be erased - only auto-queued stuff can be erased.

A key thing is having the list easily accessible to the user so that they know what is going on - this is the big failing XBMC has IMO.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103417

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved Playlist Control?0