• 2(current)
[RELEASE] PodCatching Addon
Everything else in XMBC 10 is SO easy to set up so I don't really understand why this plugin at its current state is even offered to users. To set it up is like in the old days of XBMC (I've been using it since it was exclusively Xbox)
@fiveisalive: ok yout are a active poster Big Grin I will try to answer you your questions:
  1. Where did the Addon save anything? - The addon don't save any media-data anywhere. It just hand over the link to XBMC and order a "play"-Command. So this is should be a Stream-Read/OnTheFly-Download. The Plugin only saves index-information. you will find this files in your userdata/plugindir. (where you placed the opml
  2. MediaInformation: if the podcast hand over the information (what npr doesn't) the Addon put that information into the display item. so XBMC can display them (if you call the subdialog). Why Album-Info is displayed, i don't know, the addon don't feed such information. Neither the Addon have any influence on the OnScreen-Playback-Info. Normaly my Addon extract a Image, but currently the support for "indirect" podcast like NPR is nearly experimental. So feel free to be my laboratory rat.

3. to the error: i though i implement this behavior (ignore errors) but it seems i make a mistake. WIll fix this this day...

@Varming: Calm down. Where did you think i get feedback if i don't offer the addon? 99% of the users don't seek for additional repositories. So i was asked to add this to the official repo. And yes, i offer a testing repo, who is 2 versions above the official one. The official one is works stable for my purpose, but as anytime: users mostly have different requirements, currently i'am adopting this...
@fiveisalive: take a look at Tvheadend or VDR. I testet both and they works fine with XBMC. Tvheadend is as easy to set up like mythtv
@fiveisalive: replace you local rss.py with this one: https://github.com/raptor2101/PodCatcher...der/rss.py

there was one entry who don't offer a enclosure-link and their linked website uses flashplayer/javascript for playback. so no link was offered...
Raptor 2101 Wrote:@fiveisalive: replace you local rss.py with this one: https://github.com/raptor2101/PodCatcher...der/rss.py

there was one entry who don't offer a enclosure-link and their linked website uses flashplayer/javascript for playback. so no link was offered...

Thanks, it seems help, it gets further in the parsing, but some of the feeds still cause it to crash (using the full NPR podcast OPML here):

Code:
08:23:08 T:140487844779792 M:2742140928  NOTICE: [PodCatcher]: Load: http://kzyx.org/mp3/RSS_feed.xml
08:23:08 T:140487844779792 M:2742140928  NOTICE: [PodCatcher]: Downloading from url=http://kzyx.org/mp3/RSS_feed.xml
08:23:09 T:140487844779792 M:2742140928    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
08:23:09 T:140487844779792 M:2742140928   ERROR: Error Type: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError
08:23:09 T:140487844779792 M:2742140928   ERROR: Error Contents: syntax error: line 1, column 49
08:23:09 T:140487844779792 M:2741379072   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/default.py", line 105, in ?
                                                opmlFile.displayMenu(path);
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/opml.py", line 111, in displayMenu
                                                self.opmlFolder.displayMenu(path);
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/opml.py", line 46, in displayMenu
                                                element.displayMenu(path);
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/opml.py", line 49, in displayMenu
                                                self.gui.buildMenuEntry(element);
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/simplexbmc.py", line 80, in buildMenuEntry
                                                if(menuElement.hasUnreadItems()):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/opml.py", line 83, in hasUnreadItems
                                                if(element.hasUnreadItems()):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/__init__.py", line 90, in hasUnreadItems
                                                self.loadFeed();
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/__init__.py", line 98, in loadFeed
                                                self.updateFeed();
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.podcatcher/feedreader/rss.py", line 33, in updateFeed
                                                xmlDocument = minidom.parseString(xmlPage);
                                              File "../Python/Lib/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1925, in parseString
                                              File "../Python/Lib/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
                                              File "../Python/Lib/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
                                            ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 49
can you paste me the full opml file (pastbin or download) i will check it this evening
try this one: http://xbmc.raptor2101.de/plugin.audio.p...0.0.92.zip

i test it localy with http://www.npr.org/podcasts.opml. But i didn't watch all links Big Grin
Raptor 2101 Wrote:try this one: http://xbmc.raptor2101.de/plugin.audio.p...0.0.92.zip

i test it localy with http://www.npr.org/podcasts.opml. But i didn't watch all links Big Grin

thanks I'll test it now. my opml file should be very similar to that one, except with some of the outlines commented out.
ok seems to work in that it skips the feeds or podcasts it can't read, so thanks for that! a major issue with such large opml files is that it appears to reparse the xml every time you re-enter a hierarchy (or leave an re-enter the plugin for that matter) rather than cache that information. eg if you enter "by source" with the NPR opml file it takes about 60 secs to parse, and if leave and reenter takes the same amount of time.
Raptor 2101 Wrote:@fiveisalive: ok yout are a active poster Big Grin I will try to answer you your questions:
  • Where did the Addon save anything? - The addon don't save any media-data anywhere. It just hand over the link to XBMC and order a "play"-Command. So this is should be a Stream-Read/OnTheFly-Download. The Plugin only saves index-information. you will find this files in your userdata/plugindir. (where you placed the opml

right, makes sense that it would stream, I thought that it would download and then play the file like rhythmbox, but that seems to be fine.

Quote:
  • MediaInformation: if the podcast hand over the information (what npr doesn't) the Addon put that information into the display item. so XBMC can display them (if you call the subdialog). Why Album-Info is displayed, i don't know, the addon don't feed such information. Neither the Addon have any influence on the OnScreen-Playback-Info. Normaly my Addon extract a Image, but currently the support for "indirect" podcast like NPR is nearly experimental. So feel free to be my laboratory rat.

There must be some way to pass the info from the title of podcast that appears in the list to the on screen display, after all, that's what happens in the case of playback of music, rather than just showing the filename, like "NPR_123372332.mp3"

Quote:
  • to the error: i though i implement this behavior (ignore errors) but it seems i make a mistake. WIll fix this this day...

Your new download seems to fix this.
fiveisalive Wrote:There must be some way to pass the info from the title of podcast that appears in the list to the on screen display, after all, that's what happens in the case of playback of music, rather than just showing the filename, like "NPR_123372332.mp3"

I will testing a little bit, to solve this problem

to the large XML-File. I suffer the same Problem, not 60 secs but to much ... I will play around with some caching-mechanism but this will take a while. Wouldn't expect it during christmas ... so long shrink down the file, i can't belive that someone has the time to listen to all subitems Big Grin
Question 
Excuse me for the newbie question.

I have installed the podcatching Addon "audio Podcaster" v0.0.92. Dharma Windows version.

The readme points me to a folder location which does not exist. I created the folder structure (C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.PodCatcher) and put a Podcasts.opml file in it. I get the error: Unable to read OPML-File

Any ideas?
clckwrkorange Wrote:Excuse me for the newbie question.

I have installed the podcatching Addon "audio Podcaster" v0.0.92. Dharma Windows version.

The readme points me to a folder location which does not exist. I created the folder structure (C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.PodCatcher) and put a Podcasts.opml file in it. I get the error: Unable to read OPML-File

Any ideas?

I believe it expects the file to be named:

Code:
opml.xml
fiveisalive is right, currently the file has to be named as he writen.

this will be fixed in the next version...
Same error.

Exported my podcasts from iTunes as OPML.xml and put it in the directory I created.

I also tried, which I'm sure is wrong to export as a .opml file then renamed it to opml.xml

Wondering if part of this problem has to do with the fact that I made the directory since the directory ((C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.PodCatcher) wasn't already there.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PodCatching Addon1