Why am I not able to add a plugin?
Hi all,

I have installed XBMC on Mint Linux 10 and I am trying to add a Blu-ray plugin, which allows you to watch Blu-ray movies.

I fired up XBMC, clicked on Video and then Add Source.

I know in the Blu-ray folder there is a file called default.py that I must look for, but under XBMC I cannot find it?

What am I doing wrong?

/home/neo/.xbmc/addons/bluray/
maybe you should read the faq on how to use addons.
I have and this is the xbmc wiki manual...

Start XBMC
Go into the "Video" section if you like to add a video-plugin, the "Music" section if you like to add a music-plugin, etc. In this example we chosen to install a video-plugin.
Select "Add Source"
Select "Browse"
Select "VideoPlugins"
Select the video plugin you want to add from the list and press enter.
Select "OK"
Select "OK"
Your installed plugin will now be displayed in the list of available sources.
Common user errors when trying to add a plugin
Do not try to add a plugin as a normal file by browsing your harddrive for the plugins folder. Instead, after choosing "Add Source", select "{Video|Music} Plugins" and then the plugin you want to add as a source.
You can even add subdirectories. For example, if you want only the comedy section of Apple Movie Trailers to show up as a source, browse to that virtual "subdirectory" of the Apple Movie Trailers Plugin.
are you on dharma or camelot?
I am on Mint Linux 10 base on Maverick

I noticed that the Maverick XBMC released is unstable and does not included a plugins folder in /.xbmc

So I changed the download path from Maverick to Lucid and now it works well. The plugins folder show up as well.

XMBC now detected the blu-ray plugin and tried to play, but it just frozen.

I even tried to play a normal DVD and it won't even play it beause it kept saying it cannot detect a DVD disc.

It works well in other video players like VLC, etc...

Why wouldn't XBMC play it?
please answer my question...
ppic's point is that the last official release of XBMC was v9.11 aka Camelot. The impending release is v10.0 aka Dharma, and the way Add-ons work has changed completely between the two versions. Add-ons written for Camelot won't work on Dharma ance vice versa. So knowing that you're using Mint Linux 10 doesn't help us. We need to know what version of XBMC you are using.

JR
I did answered your question because in Lucid the version is 9.11 (Camelot), which is why it is working.
Blu-ray is not supported under Linux, it is under Windows with some changes (afaik). If it doesn't detect a cd you should check how it is mounted.
It sounds as if you run your own linux flavour but want it to act like a live cd, my $0,02.... run the live cd and just install that to harddisk, it will lessen the learning curve.
MrRoberts Wrote:I did answered your question because in Lucid the version is 9.11 (Camelot), which is why it is working.

you can run dharma on lucid...
bassieman Wrote:Blu-ray is not supported under Linux, it is under Windows with some changes (afaik). If it doesn't detect a cd you should check how it is mounted.
It sounds as if you run your own linux flavour but want it to act like a live cd, my $0,02.... run the live cd and just install that to harddisk, it will lessen the learning curve.

Look it up... it is supported.

I managed to get it working and I used Mint Linux 10 with 9.11 Camelot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why am I not able to add a plugin?0