[LIVE] YAAIOS - Yet Another All in One Script (for XBMC Live)
Thumbs Up 
YAAIOS - Yet Another All in One Script - Mark I

Introduction:
I found it tiring to keep SSH-ing all sorts of commands to my HTPC and re-installing my copy of XBMC onto my REVO and ION330 test beds. To save everyone the time I have spent researching and using outdated scripts. I have compiled a shell script of useful commands and scripts to save everyone a lot of time.

Firstly I would like to thank those who helped me in the setup, though you are many, I will add that I have donated to those most useful to me for your scripts. Please see the thank you at the bottom of the post. Rofl

What it does:

More Screenshots at:
http://173.83.50.21/yaaios/screens/2.png
http://173.83.50.21/yaaios/screens/3.png

- Assuming you have installed the XBMCLive onto your PC, installed Ubuntu Minimal and XBMC or full Ubuntu with XBMC. THIS SCRIPT HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON KARMIC AND JAUNTY!

From a menu in the script:
  • It will allow you upgrade the copy of XBMC to the latest SVN version
  • It will allow you to update your Nvidia drivers for your ION platform and to allow OpenGL and VDPAU video acceleration* (you need to run this script if you have run the update to SVN)
  • It will run an updated and automated script to get the PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Remote to work and pair with XBMC.**
  • It will allow you to choose and will automatically download the Aeon Skins of your choice and up to date! the scripts are:
[INDENT]
  • Aeon Stark (Original)
  • Aeon Hitched
  • Aeon Showmix
  • Aeon Auriga
  • Aeon Phil65/Temmi2000/Aeon 65
[/INDENT]

- If you wish me to add a skin, installation script, peripheral or component whatever it is, please contact me by email/pm/or in this thread and I will try to work it into the next iteration.

INSTALLATION:
1. To run this script, either press CTRL+ALT+F1 from the XBMC Menu or SSH into your HTPC
2. Enter your Username (presumably "xbmc"), press enter
3. Enter your Password (presumably "xbmc"), press enter
Code:
wget http://173.83.50.21/yaaios/script.sh
chmod +x script.sh
sudo ./script.sh

PLEASE USE THE SVN and NVIDIA parts WITH CAUTION

Further Notes:

This script is a work in progress and as components are updated in XBMC this script or parts could stop working. I am however constantly updating and working on adding components and improving. If you have suggestions you would like to see added to YAAIOS please do not hesitate to PM me or post it in this thread.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post it in this thread and I will try to help. I am always looking to improve the script and add to it

Things to improve fix and improve:
  • Keep testing
  • Fix Bugs
  • Improve the Nvidia/SVN upgrade system
  • Streamline the Skin Addon system
  • Add Aeon Backdrop installation script

Lastly and Again, I would like to thank all those who have helped me create this script and who contributed.
Specifically:
- FLX - I based my script off of his original script. I have re-coded and re-written many parts to improve it.
- Kitlaan and Zerogoki walmis for the PS3 support
- Josh Lyon of http://boshdirect.com

- The creators of the skins I have included. Please check them out and thank them for their work Big Grin
-phil65
-ekim232
-djh_
-hitcher

please PM me if I have forgotten anyone

************************************************************************************
Appendix

* this part is recommended to be run LAST! It should reboot the HTPC and immediately run XBMC
** this assumes that you have a compatible Bluetooth dongle already attached, some parts of this script problems but that is a work in progress and will be updated in Mark II, INSTALLATION WORKS however.

If you crash at any point, please restart your HTPC, CTRL+ALT+F1, enter your info and type sudo "./script.sh" to restart the script and continue

************************************************************************************
Wow, sounds nice. Too bad im on Windows Sad
Looks really impressive,

would like to see more skins included. Big Grin
I would be happy to add some more skins, I just need to know which ones... I only use Aeon at the moment.
I am planning to add Alaska but first I want to add the aeon backdrop download functionality
"You are not on a supported OS. Only Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope, Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala or XBMC Live CD on Karmic are supported"

Using Lucid Lynx...any workaround for this?
---Not Accurate so I removed this post,
VonB3ta
This is great, it has awesome potential and it is surely something I want to try out soon. Is it compatible with the latest SVN's? So it will install the skins in the correct 'addon' folder? That would be great!
as far as I have tested it, and will be doing more so this weekend, releasing mark II, next week. It will update XBMC to the latest version of the SVN and I have successfully added Aeon skins on-top in the right folder.

Again, this is just a compilation of basic scripts I have either found or written, compiled into one large script with an installation menu. It has very little "NAND" or influenceable code.

If you would like to read it, just download it and open it with a text editor. Wink

Again if people ask me to integrate more stuff, I will do so. I am currently working on upgrading the script to work fully with Lucid Lynx and fix some small issues.

My goal in essence is to create an All In One add-on script to help people out
Sounds great. What I would like to see is addition of some scripts/addons that most people use, like the OSD_Opensubtitles script etc, but the most useful script is definitely instant updating to the latest svn and installing/updating skins.
how can i change the scrip to run on live dharma RC2?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] YAAIOS - Yet Another All in One Script (for XBMC Live)0