Problems Displaying Music Fanart
I have been using XBMC mostly for Movies and TV Shows, but recently started trying pretty up my Music a bit. I am on RC2 and a recent build (less than a week old) of Night.

While I had no problems getting fanart and such working for the Movie or TV Section, I cannot get it to display within the Music side of the house. I am using the structure Music/Artist/Album. A small percentage of my artist folders already had fanart.jpg files in them when I started investigating. I also added several manually. However I am unable to display any music fanart while navigating through my library in any of the views I try. I even selected the option to Use Fanart Instead of Visualization and only get the same background that I use for music on the main page.

I also tried removing my source and re-adding it.

From what I can tell all of my music is scanning in properly. Folder.jpgs are displaying as I would expect, but no fanart.

Any tips would be appreciated. Please advise if I should attempt to port more information, such as a debug.

Not sure if it is related, but if I select info from within an artist folder in the library I see the option for Get Fanart, but it is red and unselectable.
It sounds like your still in file mode, have you tried bringing up the context menu while the source is selected and select "scan items to library"? once that's done switch to library view in the view settings.
That was it.

Wow, I think I swapped back and forth between "file" and "library" mode a couple dozen times while trying things out, but never realized I had not scanned my source after adding it.

I really appreciate your help.
talking about Music fanart, i have the following problem:

In file or bibliotek mode, i can´t load a fanart, i already made the "scan items to library" but nothing... How can i activate the link to load fanart?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
I'm having a problem with fanart on music albums.
On some albums I can see fanart other don't, just the "standard" pictures of stadium.

I have fanart.jpg on all folders.

X:\band_name\Album 1

Inside band_name I have fanart.jpg. Some are displayed, others don't. Any idea?

Thanks
well, that could be a help to everyone, when u go to music, select artist (artist-album-etc-etc) then u can make 2 things:

1.- Call each fanart, accesing to the info panel, then load fanart. (info panel is called when u press "i")
2.- Make it automatic, there is an option wich make all automatic, in the same panel press the sub-menu button, and select load info of all artist. Wait a lot if u have many albums XD. After that all works good.
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
Still not working!
Any more ideas?

BTW, I'm not able to do the first trick "Call each fanart, accesing to the info panel, then load fanart." because fanart is in red and I can't select it.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!
zeus[x];670093 Wrote:Still not working!
Any more ideas?

BTW, I'm not able to do the first trick "Call each fanart, accesing to the info panel, then load fanart." because fanart is in red and I can't select it.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

Can only set fanart on 'Artist' level

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thats it!
Nice tip.
Thanks for your help!

[Edit]
But I have to do this for every artist? Can't I do it for all at once?
Thanks
[/edit]
Along time ago in a version far far away. Night use to do this cool thing that when you was browsing in library mode, When you was in the "song" view of an album, it would show the fanart for the artist of the song (as long as it was scrapped right). This was great when you was browsing albums that had multiple artists on the same album. This was a nice touch. But has been lost in the updates. I Myself would love to see this return.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems Displaying Music Fanart0