Home screen fanart
One of Transparency's features I love most is the home screen fanart mode. The ability to show a slide show of movie/tv show/music fanart in a png mask is awesome! One thing bothered me though: sometimes the fanart shown was awkwardly cropped, and heads were chopped off. So, I've tried to correct this, changed two png mask files, and tried to achieve a better perspective effect. This is what I''ve reached:

Another idea is to create the same fanart mode for "pictures". My suggestion is to use a mask file like this one, and run multiple slideshows (multiimage) of pictures stored in a folder defined in skin settings:

What do you think?

Regards,
Spider
Looks great!

I especially like the movies one.

Ronie often says he is a coder, not a graphic designer so I am sure he will be impressed. He may even take some of your work on board.
Star 
I agree with the comment the top one is great.. but I'd love to have it as the TV show backdrop...I'm kinda partial to the movie theatre mask we already have. The music one is good too (wonder if cycling masks is possible). The Pictures mask idea sounds great, but bet it would be a pain to implement, and fairly CPU intensive?
i'm certainly interested in this, Spider.

that movie backdrop sure is 'hot'!
(as well as the temperature at your end... it's freezing cold over here)

if you're willing to share your code/.png files, i'll see what i can add to T!

i will have to make sure the backdrops used for Movies/Music are free to use
and don't violate any copyrights though...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie,

I'd be happy to share the png files and the edited Include_Home.xml. What is the best way to send you the files?

Concerning copyrights: I've found the images through Google search, but I'm not certain if they are free...

Regards,
Spider
Spider_mp3 Wrote:Concerning copyrights: I've found the images through Google search, but I'm not certain if they are free...

If these are not free to use then maybe I can help. I have a background in 3d modeling and can recreate similar versions of these. Of course I would make necessary changes as to avoid "ripping" these images off.

I have been wanting to contribute something to XBMC so this would be a way that I could.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Spider_mp3 Wrote:Hi Ronie,

I'd be happy to share the png files and the edited Include_Home.xml. What is the best way to send you the files?

i'l PM you my email address.

Spider_mp3 Wrote:Concerning copyrights: I've found the images through Google search, but I'm not certain if they are free...

the iphone one is probably an apple stock photo and is used all over the interweb, so i see little issues there.
http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech/app...01-12-2010
http://www.wondermage.com/index.php?showimage=825

the one you use for movies...would you happen to have/remember the original filename...or what search term you've used to find it in google?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
htpc guy Wrote:If these are not free to use then maybe I can help. I have a background in 3d modeling and can recreate similar versions of these. Of course I would make necessary changes as to avoid "ripping" these images off.

I have been wanting to contribute something to XBMC so this would be a way that I could.

This would be great! The file I have used had a relatively low resolution (1280x720) and I have tweaked it a little (cropped and distorted it to give it a better perspective). So, the resulting image quality is below what I had expected.

If you could produce a high resolution image (preferably over 1980x1080) with a similar disposition that I could use as mask file, I would appreciate it very much.

Best regards,
Spider
Spider_mp3 Wrote:This would be great! The file I have used had a relatively low resolution (1280x720) and I have tweaked it a little (cropped and distorted it to give it a better perspective). So, the resulting image quality is below what I had expected.

If you could produce a high resolution image (preferably over 1980x1080) with a similar disposition that I could use as mask file, I would appreciate it very much.

Best regards,
Spider

I can work on this on my free time. The iPhone view won't take very long but the theater view will be time consuming. Give me some time and I'll see what I can come up with.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I am very interesting in this new fanart home screen, and if i could I can help you.
I send a PM to spider_mp3 to ask him send me the png and the xml file.
+1

I really like the above fanart screen for movies!
Lets hope this will be added to Transparency soon. Smile
The ideas in here are awesome. I especially like the movie background and cinema look. Looks stunning. I hope that this makes it into the next release.
+1 on the updated movie theater! Looks great!

Keep up the great work, gents!
Spider_mp3 Wrote:One of Transparency's features I love most is the home screen fanart mode. The ability to show a slide show of movie/tv show/music fanart in a png mask is awesome! One thing bothered me though: sometimes the fanart shown was awkwardly cropped, and heads were chopped off. So, I've tried to correct this, changed two png mask files, and tried to achieve a better perspective effect. This is what I''ve reached:

available in T! svn now.

thanx for the backdrop and code Spider!
You are welcome, Ronie. I'm glad to contribute!

Regards,
Spider

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen fanart0