• 15(current)
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC
I don't think this tool is being supported any more. Did you know that we created a separate SageTV addon which can be found in the official XBMC addon repo? It is open source so you can muck with it all you want (or ask us to implement changes which we'd be happy to implement).

More can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138838
(2013-04-08, 16:30)LehighBri Wrote: I don't think this tool is being supported any more. Did you know that we created a separate SageTV addon which can be found in the official XBMC addon repo? It is open source so you can muck with it all you want (or ask us to implement changes which we'd be happy to implement).

More can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138838

Yep, I've seen that as well. It's quite impressive...and I'm starting to think it's what I'll end up using.

However, I'd really like my Sage listings fully integrated as a true XBMC library. That way they would show up on the XBMC menus correctly & allow all XBMC functionality. My Sage recordings would also then be displayed in the same place as my ripped TV series.

BradVido's tool almost seems like a decent way of doing this...but doesn't quite work for me.

Right now, I'm attempting to create a Sage TV scraper for XBMC. It should be possible to have XBMC pull all the TV metadata from Sage. I was able to create a semi-functional XBMC movie scraper for sage in a couple of hours. I haven't quite got my head wrapped around how the TV scraper is supposed to work though.....
Good luck with the TV scraper. A few others including myself have tried but were unsuccessful due to the limits of XBMC and how it expects shows to be named in order to be scraped.
(2013-04-10, 14:10)kricker Wrote: Good luck with the TV scraper. A few others including myself have tried but were unsuccessful due to the limits of XBMC and how it expects shows to be named in order to be scraped.

Yep...and that's why I want to make some modifications to bradvido's tool (although I'm starting to think I may not have to).

Bradvido's tool creates folders & symlinks which mimic the structure required by XBMC....and it actually works pretty well, but it is still reliant on metadata from TVDb. As it manages to name things correctly, I'm hoping I can leverage it to use my own scraper to pull metadata from Sage instead.

So far, I've gotten my scraper to pull series data (including fanart). I'm hoping to write the GetEpisodeList & GetEpisodeDetails functions this weekend.....which should be the last 2 that I need to work
Best of luck. I'm sure there are still plenty of Sage users who will find it useful.
(2013-04-12, 06:42)GoodCode Wrote:
(2013-04-10, 14:10)kricker Wrote: Good luck with the TV scraper. A few others including myself have tried but were unsuccessful due to the limits of XBMC and how it expects shows to be named in order to be scraped.

So far, I've gotten my scraper to pull series data (including fanart). I'm hoping to write the GetEpisodeList & GetEpisodeDetails functions this weekend.....which should be the last 2 that I need to work

Feel free to look into the code I have in the SageTV addon as I have functions that do exactly that. Probably wont be a copy paste but could at least reuse concepts if you like.
Wink 
(2013-04-12, 13:10)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-04-12, 06:42)GoodCode Wrote:

Feel free to look into the code I have in the SageTV addon as I have functions that do exactly that. Probably wont be a copy paste but could at least reuse concepts if you like.

Oh, don't worry. I'm stealing heavily from both your integration and the plex scraper wherever I can Angel. This is my first attempt doing any kind of coding with Sage, so I'm reading over whatever code I can get my hands on (I play a developer in real life though, so I do have a bit of a clue).

So far, I'm finding the sage side of things really easy. The SageEx stuff is an amazingly good idea, and coding within it has been made even easier with your XBMC integration and Pix64's plex integration to look at.

I wish I could say the same about the XBMC scrapers. It's a cool idea, but I feel just dirty parsing JSON using regex....and having to put URL's double-encoded in the scraper output is just icky.

Anyway...I have GetEpisodeList working-ish now. I just have GetEpisodeDetails left, so I think it's going to work. The BradVido tool gets me past the major hurdle of requiring each show in it's own folder on the source directory (which I really hope goes away in a future version). After that it was just getting my brain wrapped around the scrapers (though the scraper editor helps considerably with that).
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC1