• 3(current)
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC
pkscuot Wrote:It looks like the program isn't finding the .properties file where it's expecting it, and I'm not sure where to look to find it. There is a SageTV.properties file in /Program Files/SageTV/SageTV, but it looks like that only has config stuff in it, not the actual TV program data.
The .properties file would be right next to the video file. If Sage can find meta-data about the show, it will create a [VIDEO_NAME].properties file with Season/Episode info. I attempt to use that, and if it's not there, then I look up the info on thetvdb.com.
So, if you have the wrong tvdb id specified, then the lookup will obviously not work. The program will continue to try and look this show up, as long as the last tvdb query was over an hour ago (avoids over-using the API).
So either change your tvdb id to the correct one, or delete it and let the program auto-determine it.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
I'm on SageTV V6 and would like to get this working. Getting a boat load of errors right now. Before I wade through my logs and figure out what's happening I was wondering if anyone has this working on V6?
clskier Wrote:I'm on SageTV V6 and would like to get this working. Getting a boat load of errors right now. Before I wade through my logs and figure out what's happening I was wondering if anyone has this working on V6?
Yes, there is a guy on the SageTV forum who had it working on v6.
Basically, the only thing different is that you can't use v7's plugin manager to install the Sagex API. You have to manually install it.
Everything else is the same
See user "Slack" posts here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthre...901&page=2
bradvido88 Wrote:Currently, there is no wildcard filter for TV Shows. I didn't integrate one because (currently) TV Shows that can't be looked up on TheTVDB can't be added to XBMC. So, it wont help to add programming like News or less common shows because their meta-data can't be looked up.
I am working on a way to manually add TV shows that don't have Season Number/Episode Number, but haven't gotten that far yet (your input is welcome).

So for now, you have to set up a showfilter for each TV Show.

Next release, this will be changed.

I'm dealing with a couple programs like this. 1st is BBC World News - there are no season/episodes. The other is This Old House. The local PBS stations don't properly populate the first aired date so it ends up with some wack date. Without the date the season/episode cannot be ascertained, so the episode isn't scraped.

Suggestion:

If an episode cannot be scraped then assign the recording as S01E01/etc and in the nfo the episode title would be like "BBC World News Recorded 01/18/10"

I'm able to do this manually. I renamed the files like:
BBC World News S01E01.mpg
BBC World News S01E01.nfo
BBC World News S01E01.edl
BBC World News S01E01.jpg
etc.
and made the episode title in the nfo "BBC World News Today".

In addition it would be nice if for a given series we could, in addition to the current data, define the number of episodes in XBMC to keep. News programs aren't of much use after a few days so an automatic removal after a defined # of episodes would be convenient.
FYI: I upgraded to v7. Although I do not think you will have to to get this working.

You can manually update Sagex. And it should work. My issues were path issues within teh config.xml.

bradvido88 Wrote:See user "Slack" posts here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthre...901&page=2
The good news:
I have just added functionality for:
Minimum wait time - Wait at least x minutes after a video is done recording before archiving it.
TV Show Wildcard - Use a wildcard filter to catch all tv shows that don't match a specific filter
TV Show Archiving for ANY show - When a show's Season/Episode info cannot be looked up, it will manually add it after X number of failed tvdb lookups. (It gets added as a special (season zero), and the next available episode number) This is done by creating XBMC-compatible .nfo files next to the video. This feature also works with redirects/symlinks.
optional automatic generation of thubmnails, fanart, cover images, and episode images for shows that are manually archived - I added this because XBMC's auto-generated thumbs often times don't work for my recordings (they are completely gray). Enabling this fixes the problem. Also, if you have an .edl for the show, it will always take images that are NOT in commercial breaks Smile

So, now you can archive programming like NFL Football and New shows:

The bad news:
I haven't uploaded the new version yet. It's fresh off the IDE, and I want to test it first (although it did just successfully archive my 100+ episodes that matched the wildcard filter Big Grin)
bradvido88 Wrote:The good news:

That's really great good news. I'm looking forward to trying all this out and getting one step closer to WAF. Big Grin

Quote:The bad news:

I guess I can live with that. I suppose I can post tomorrow asking where the update is. Laugh
This is turning out to be a really great integration tool. Cool
Thanks for doing this! I've been looking for a way to get my SageTV shows in a format that can be viewed by Boxee or my Droid X and I think this will do exactly what I want.

I'm still having some trouble getting it configured, though - the sage-xbmc.log shows several of the following error:

Cannot get valid XML from SageX API. Cannot continue. Cannot use local path (no local param supplied or local path is equal to default path).

When I check the URL provided by the error message, I appear to get an empty XML node. I realize it's not a problem with the Sage-XBMC program itself, but do you have any thoughts as to why the SageX API isn't providing any information?
Never mind my comment above - I wasn't using the UNC. I put the UNC in with the local_equiv tag and it seems to be working now! Big Grin
The config.xml file it state that it uses the recording's .properties to locate the episode in TheTVDB. I'm seeing many recordings without a .properties (actually none for a while). At first I though it was messed up data from the station or that maybe showanalyzer/comskip/this tool was inadvertently deleting the properties files.

So I turned this tool off and disabled comskip. A recording occurred (This Old House) and it doesn't have a .properties file. I look at the recording detail screen and it shows a valid Original Air Date which matches the original air date for the episode on TheTVDB.

So for some reason SageTV is not creating the .properties file when it should be able to. Does anyone have any ideas why I'm not getting the properties file? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
I haven't seen any associated .properties files with my recordings either, but the API for thetvdb works fine without it. The config file states that it will look for the .properties file first and use the API call if there isn't one present.

One suggestion for bradvido88 - could the check for the EDL file be done before looking up the show on thetvdb.com? I'm finding instances where it gets the metadata then terminates because an EDL file isn't present (I mostly use the EDL file to ensure it's processing off-peak hours, since comskip won't start until after midnight). When it runs again, it won't check thetvdb.com again because it's been under an hour. Thanks again - this is a great tool!
Last night I had 2 recordings - Chuck and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Chuck has a properties file and The Tonight Show doesn't.

I think I see why now though. The Chuck episode is in TheTVDB and Jay Leno isn't. I'm seeing the same issue with This Old House - TheTVDB isn't up to date so there's no match for SageTV or the Sage To XBMC import tool.

Fortunately these aren't shows I keep for very long so the new method to handle unidentified episodes will work fine. (patiently waiting Smile )
TugboatBill Wrote:So for some reason SageTV is not creating the .properties file when it should be able to. Does anyone have any ideas why I'm not getting the properties file? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
SageTV cannot always create a .properties file because it cannot always find the meta-data, especially for un-common shows like This Old House.
The TVDB lookup will still run and works just as well without a .properties file. The .properties file are really just an added bonus if they exist, if not, this program doesn't really care.
Dylon Wrote:One suggestion for bradvido88 - could the check for the EDL file be done before looking up the show on thetvdb.com?
Yes, in the next release (hopefully today), all checks like this are done before thetvdb lookup. Also, the 60-minute interval will be user-configurable.

TugboatBill Wrote:Last night I had 2 recordings - Chuck and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Chuck has a properties file and The Tonight Show doesn't.

I think I see why now though. The Chuck episode is in TheTVDB and Jay Leno isn't. I'm seeing the same issue with This Old House - TheTVDB isn't up to date so there's no match for SageTV or the Sage To XBMC import tool.

Fortunately these aren't shows I keep for very long so the new method to handle unidentified episodes will work fine. (patiently waiting Smile )
Yes, I see the same thing. The new way to handle this works pretty well, especially since it adds whatever meta-data Sage has in the program guide (everything except Season and Episode numbers).
------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just got to update the info in the Config file and I'll be able to post the next release. It has a pretty significant code-churning, but I think I've caught all the bugs Smile

Changes will include:
  • Archive any TV show in XBMC's library, even if not found on TheTVDB.
  • Thumbnail generation, outside of commercials.
  • Cleans up symlinks in dropbox when the original recording is deleted.
  • Won't process a video that is being currently encoded by Sage's internal transcoder, or a video that is set to be deleted when Sage's transcoder is done with it.
  • Ability to add Groups to the show filters for easier management (see Config.xml).
  • All OK-to-archive checks are done before tvdb lookup.
  • If you use a custom .edl type and symlinks, the edl type will properly reflect your custom type instead of always being zero.
  • TVDB re-query rate is configurable (per Group/ShowFilter)
  • Many others that can bee seen in the comments in Config.xml
On the front burner:
  • Syncing of last-played, resume-point, and watched flag for videos between SageTV and XBMC (require centralized MySQL for XBMC). I have Sage-->XBMC sync working in development. I just need to add XBMC-->Sage sync.
V 1.3 uploaded. Cool
See first & second post for download and install instructions.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC1