A little help required with fstab
Question 
I've got mysql setup for my media libraries and it's working fine. I'm now moving my Thumbnails folder onto my Opensolaris server and I've had a few problems following the guides on here.

I spend I few hours trying to figure out why (all variants) of the following wouldn't work when mounting into a test folder...
Quote:sudo smbmount //opensolaris/files/xbmc/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/test cifs credentials=/home/xbmc/.credentials
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Password:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Since ZFS on Opensolaris present all shares as NFS and cifs (I'm assuming samba should connect to a cifs share) I thought I would search for something about ubuntu connecting to a nfs share on Opensolaris, I tried a variant of one result that I found:

Quote:sudo mount //opensolaris/files/xbmc/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/test/ -o user=xxxx,password=xxxx,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

which worked first time, however when I then typed mount to se what mounts I had in place I saw this

Quote://opensolaris/files/xbmc/Thumbnails on /home/xbmc/test type cifs (rw,mand,relatime,unc=\\opensolaris\files,username=xxxx,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.0.100,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,prepath=\xbmc\Thumbnails,serverino,rsize=16384,wsize=57344)

so suddenly I now have a cifs mount that works - great!

Any idea what I have to put in my fstab to make that mounts work again at boot time?

Thanks Wink
FWIW I pretty much took that line verbatim and it seemed to work in fstab (added password attrib)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A little help required with fstab0