Amateur's :-) question
Hitcher Wrote:ListItem.Title

Hitch thanks,

but that shows movie title, not filename, when in library mode? Or am I missing something?

I was hoping to show some more info when library list-info mode or movie info page is chosen. I wanted to show file name (Listitem.FileName) but with extension striped:
"Avatar_1080" instead of "Avatar_1080.mkv"

I thought about using string to pull only left part of filename, omitting extension, but it looks like you can use substring only for comparisons?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Seems strange that the extension are can be hidden in files mode but not library.
One more question guys, if you don't mind - it seams to me that DialogAlbumInfo doesn't show Fanart?

Is it a bug or creature:-) ?

EDIT: But there is one more thing %)

List of tracks does get listed OK, but I can't start playing any of them from here? If it's by design, then seams inconsistent as to what you can do in DialogVideoInfo.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:One more question guys, if you don't mind - it seams to me that DialogAlbumInfo doesn't show Fanart?

Is it a bug or creature:-) ?

not implemented i'd guess.

pecinko Wrote:EDIT: But there is one more thing %)

List of tracks does get listed OK, but I can't start playing any of them from here?

if i'm not mistaken, the tracklist is actually scraped online and does not reflect which tracks you have on your hard-disk.
so playing them wouldn't be an option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:not implemented i'd guess.

Funny enough, it is there in DialogSongInfo? Devs?

Quote:if i'm not mistaken, the tracklist is actually scraped online and does not reflect which tracks you have on your hard-disk. so playing them wouldn't be an option.

OK if that's the way it was meant to be... But if you're right (and you are right almost always:-)) it is rather strange decision, IMHO.

XBMC is acting more like music encyclopedia than media front end. I would like to track I have on my NAS. Further, album duration and total tracks count based on available songs. This way, it's misleading and inconsistent IMO, but surely not everyone will agree.

Ronie, thanks for info. I found out that I'm loosing much more time in comparing between skins and hunting for the info, than actual skin development :-) Worst thing is when you think something should work but find yourself in dead alley soon, not knowing if it is by your mistake or your just trying to "push you camel through eye of a needle".

Hopefully it will change in time :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

While playing video, "I" opens DialogFullScreenInfo.xml While playing music, "I" opens Huh
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:While playing video, "I" opens DialogFullScreenInfo.xml While playing music, "I" opens Huh

add debugging="true" to your addon.xml file

Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="Textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="1"
[b]    debugging="true"[/b]/>

and all secrets shall be revealed ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:add debugging="true" to your addon.xml file

and all secrets shall be revealed ;-)

I have that on. It's showing me MusicVisualisation.xml and nothing happens when i hit "I". As I used empty as starting point I'm unsure if it should bring window (as with videos) or I shall put code in MusicVisualisation.xml and make it visible under some condition (although I'm unable to find anything regarding "OnKey.Pressed(I)" in the wiki ) ;-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I have that on. It's showing me MusicVisualisation.xml
you found it. ;-)
pecinko Wrote:and nothing happens when i hit "I". As I used empty as starting point I'm unsure if it should bring window (as with videos) or I shall put code in MusicVisualisation.xml and make it visible under some condition (although I'm unable to find anything regarding "OnKey.Pressed(I)" in the wiki ) ;-)
correct, the code is part of MusicVisualisation.xml.
use Player.ShowInfo as visible condition.
ronie Wrote:you found it. ;-)
correct, the code is part of MusicVisualisation.xml.

Thanks, you just saved me couple of hours.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK, another stupid question (did I ever posted something smart? :-p

- looking at english strings, search for "disabled" finds 5 of them.... Which one to use? How can I tell to what window they belong to?

I know it probably doesn't matter in english (or does it?) but what if those were translated in context to some other languageHuh
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:OK, another stupid question (did I ever posted something smart? :-p

- looking at english strings, search for "disabled" finds 5 of them.... Which one to use? How can I tell to what window they belong to?

I know it probably doesn't matter in english (or does it?) but what if those were translated in context to some other languageHuh

Whats the code? Some things are automatically in XBMC, some things use XBMC default strings and some things use custom Strings?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
pecinko Wrote:OK, another stupid question (did I ever posted something smart? :-p

When there a multiples I tend to use the first one.
mcborzu Wrote:Whats the code? Some things are automatically in XBMC, some things use XBMC default strings and some things use custom Strings?

There is no special code. Say, I want to use label MUSIC on Home. Which string is the right one to use?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hitcher Wrote:When there a multiples I tend to use the first one.

Rofl That's exactly what I was doing and then, with 75% of skin made I started asking myself is that right way to do it :-) It sure made sense to me but I'm not the main cook here :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amateur's :-) question0