XBMC Not Picking up All TV Shows
I have about 7 shows and XBMC is only correctly displaying episodes for 2 shows. All of my shows have the proper naming scheme showname.s1e1.title.ext. I have set content for my main tv shows folder. My file format is TV Shows\Show Name\Season1\

It shows all posters/fan art for every show but when I go into the shows folder to view an episode it's empty. Not quite sure why it's only working correctly on 2 shows when they are all named the same way. I have attached my log.

http://pastebin.com/V624EDpb
Are you naming your shows EXACTLY what they are named on TVDB? What shows is it?

Yes, i'm actually using the program "the renamer" to move my shows into the correct folders and that program uses the tvdb as its database.

My shows are:
The Cleveland Show
Bully Beatdown
Eastbound & Down
South Park
The Bad Girls Club
The Boondocks
The League
The Walking Dead

The only ones xbmc is handling correctly are The Walking Dead and the Bad Girls Club. XBMC recognizes that I have folders for the other shows, but when I open them all up except for the 2 mentioned, they are empty.
Oops

Cheers.
showtime Wrote:Yes, i'm actually using the program "the renamer" to move my shows into the correct folders and that program uses the tvdb as its database.

My shows are:
The Cleveland Show
Bully Beatdown
Eastbound & Down
South Park
The Bad Girls Club
The Boondocks
The League
The Walking Dead

The only ones xbmc is handling correctly are The Walking Dead and the Bad Girls Club. XBMC recognizes that I have folders for the other shows, but when I open them all up except for the 2 mentioned, they are empty.

I also use the renamer with no issues for 14+ TV shows, I would recommend the following folder formatting, not very different from yours but might make the difference:

TV Shows\
........Show Name\
............Show Name Season 01\
..................show name S01E01 comming soon.avi formated by "The Renamer"

This formatting has never let me down!

If I were you I would remove my TV shows source, clean library do the Renaming of folders in windows "your tv shows should be fine because you used the renamer already" then add the Source folder set it as TV Shows and choose TVDB check the settings of TVDB "might as well" then fire the scan up. Fingers crossed all shows will be detected :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Thanks, ok so I got it to display the shows now. I just removed the tv folder from source, cleaned the library then added it back to source, set content again, then did a library update. Now it shows all of my episodes. Only thing now is it's not showing the titles of all of the episodes. i.e. it will show 2x02 as the show title instead of "Little Big Man on Campus". It's weird b/c it just seems random. Some shows show all of the titles correctly but others like half of them show the episode titles and half just show the number. I have all of my files named using the correct naming scheme. Also went thru all of my folders to make sure there were no files with the word "sample" in them. even tried removing shows from the library and adding them back. Still I only get numbers for certain shows and not the complete title.
I should've told you to Enable debug logging to see if something goes wrong while you are doing the cleaning and updating the library.

Can you please post screenshots of the problem, it helps me more to see whats going on, also do a debug log while doing the process again please, someone might spot something in the log better than I can do.

Cheers,
EG.
Here is a copy of my log
http://pastebin.com/Bec3SJ8x

Also the screenshots of my issue

It shows for some episodes I get the episode title and information, for others I just get the season and episode number. Weird considering the files are named correctly and the .nfo files for all episodes are intact.
showtime Wrote:Here is a copy of my log
http://pastebin.com/Bec3SJ8x

Also the screenshots of my issue
It shows for some episodes I get the episode title and information, for others I just get the season and episode number. Weird considering the files are named correctly and the .nfo files for all episodes are intact.

From the Debug log your problem is to do with missing .nfo files like with the episodes with no name just 1x02 and 1x03 etc.. XBMC can not find an .nfo file for them and then its just loads the .tbn files for the backgrounds.

Code:
18:48:13 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E03.Tell It to the Frogs.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=73
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details></details>
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E03.Tell It to the Frogs.mkv
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295    INFO: Caching image from: C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E03.Tell It to the Frogs.tbn to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/9/9aae91b5.tbn with width 512 and height 512
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E04.Vatos.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=77
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E04.Vatos.nfo
18:48:15 T:5636 M:4294967295   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E04.Vatos.mkv
18:48:16 T:5636 M:4294967295    INFO: Caching image from: C:\Media\TV Shows\The Walking Dead\Season1\The Walking Dead.S01E04.Vatos.tbn to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/e/e1f46902.tbn with width 512 and height 512

you can see from the part I copied from your debug log when scraping The "Walking Dead.S01E03.Tell It to the Frogs" it does not load the info from TVDB and its actually looking for .nfo file! No .nfo file skips and picks the .tbn for the video screenshot.

.nfo files and all that stuff create more headache than any good! To me at least. I just let XBMC do the job no nfo files nothing and never had a similar issue.

Any ways, create .nfo files for all the problematic episodes and XBMC should Pick'em up.

Cheers,
EG
Thank you elite, so if you have no .nfo and only video files in your folders xbmc will pull the data from the tvdb? Sounds like how I should set mine up. Thanks again for all your help everyone.
Well looks like im still having issues. I've removed all .nfo files from my tv show folders so now the only thing inside of the "season" folder is the video files for the episodes themselves. I've done this for all shows.

So now, when I cleaned and updated the library in xbmc it's back to showing the "1x01" format for almost everything. For one show "The Bad Girls Club" xbmc didn't even pick up any of the episodes. I checked the log and it said something about the tvshow.nfo could not be found. Which I didn't understand that.

But the only show that it is showing the correct info for is "The League". I didnt do anything to that folder that I didn't do for the others so not sure why that info was scrapped and the others was not. I looked at logs and it seems like the scrapper never queried the tvdb for the shows other than The League.

http://pastebin.com/SvPX0x4Z
Update on this. After I gave up on this last night to Watch UFC. I closed XBMC with it still not showing all info for episodes. Came back to it this morning and apparently at 3:08am last night it downloaded all my episode information for everything. I'm not sure exactly how this happend since xbmc was closed but all of my episode information is here now. Weiirdddd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Not Picking up All TV Shows0