Dharma RC2 - Remote Events not sent while XBMC is not frontmost
On previous versions of XBMC, my remote setup (consisting of a Harmony 550 and an original XBox remote dongle with a keymap.xml configuration) would pass remote events while XBMC was in the background. Dharma doesn't accept them unless it's the frontmost app. Any thoughts?
Life's not too short, you're just dead for so long.

HP Pavilion m9500y
AMD Athlon64 x4 - 4gb RAM 4.5TB HDD RAID
Mac OS 10.6 - XBMC Dharma RC2
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:On previous versions of XBMC, my remote setup (consisting of a Harmony 550 and an original XBox remote dongle with a keymap.xml configuration) would pass remote events while XBMC was in the background. Dharma doesn't accept them unless it's the frontmost app. Any thoughts?

I'm not surrprised you were able to make this combination work but I suspect you are using 32bit OS becuase last time I searched there was no original XBox remote dongle drivers for 64bit OS.

Are using Eventghost? You did not say how are emulating the XBOX remote, I might be wrong but I think Eventghost can send events to xbmc while its in the background.

Cheers,
EG.
Yeah, I'm using a 32bit OS (Snow Leopard, as I thought I was posting this in the Mac forum).
I'm not emulating the remote, I just have the buttons progammed on the harmony, and mapped functions in keymap.xml.

But I was using the same setup on my 64bit windows 7 installation (it involved a lot of hoop jumping and unsigned driver hacking).

HP Pavilion m9500y
Can a mod please move this to the correct forum? THX.

HP Pavilion m9500y
Anyone know of any eventghost like apps for the Mac that i've overlooked, or a tutorial on lirc for mac (with or without remote server)

HP Pavilion m9500y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC2 - Remote Events not sent while XBMC is not frontmost0