MAME Frontend Addon
I am trying to use an XArcade joystick with this, but having no luck. I cannot figure out where to put the controller's .cfg file. Please help.... this add-on is one step away from awesome!

Thanks!!!!
I think I found a possible problem with the script. I can not seem to enable cheats.

I think the problem might be line 140 in XBMame.py wich is :

Quote:if self.__settings__.getSetting("mame_cheat")=="true": self._MAME_PARAMS["-waitvsync"] = ""

any ideas?
forbes256 Wrote:I am trying to use an XArcade joystick with this, but having no luck. I cannot figure out where to put the controller's .cfg file. Please help.... this add-on is one step away from awesome!

Thanks!!!!

Im no genius, but I might be able to help you.. you need to put the cfg file for x-arcade in the cfg folder of where you have mame installed.. and see if that help.. after you do that... run mame without xbmc and get it working with the x-arcade controller and then select mame in xbmc , I think this will help you and also the developer of mame for xbmc.. mame in xbmc is just a wrapper for the mame program to run...

I hope I was able to help you.. I don't want anyone to get mad at me for helping i love MAME... yes, Mame in xbmc.. there too....
i've installed the frontend and i've setting all directories (exe,roms....) but it don't find my roms....so no games in list.
The mame exe i've linked in the frontend config is mame64 win bynary 0.143, the roms is in zip format.

What i missing to do?
luckyaua Wrote:i've installed the frontend and i've setting all directories (exe,roms....) but it don't find my roms....so no games in list.
The mame exe i've linked in the frontend config is mame64 win bynary 0.143, the roms is in zip format.

What i missing to do?

Seconded!

I've got XBMC installed on my Windows 7 computer. I set the path to my mame64.exe, then set paths to roms (zip format), samples and titles. When done, the program seems to do nothing, but occasionally I see what looks like a progress bar showing up for an nth of a second before disappearing. Checking around folders etc, I can't see any database being built though.

I've tried to reinstall a few times now after deleting various xbcmame folders from %appdata%, but to no avail.

How can I fix this and make the mame frontend work?

edit :

I don't understand the language, but it looks similar to what this german guy in this youtube vid is struggling with. As you can see, after making all settings or trying to rebuild something in the library, nothing much seems to happen except some progress baring showing up for less than a sec.

Youtube video link
I am running nightly build for Windows and I can't seem to find the Mame Frontend add-on. Do I need to install it from the zip file? If yes, what's the location for download?

Thanks.
drabina Wrote:I am running nightly build for Windows and I can't seem to find the Mame Frontend add-on. Do I need to install it from the zip file? If yes, what's the location for download?

Thanks.

I had a look into it for you, seems like it hasn't been included in the nightly build schedule/add on repo.
However, if you download the last stable version (10.1?), and go through the motions and add MAME front end, configure it etc.
Test it, make it work correctly, then install the nightly build version, it should work for you.

Be warned! There are two versions of MAME Frontend. You want the SCRIPT version, not the plugin version.
You'll know if it installs correctly.. it'll tell you XBMC needs to exit (this creates the script.games.xbmame.settings folder in your %Appdata%

Also have you actually run Mame64.exe by itself first? This creates a number of config files..
Hi I'm relatively new to XBMC and Mamefrontend, but Ive run into a problem.

Mame Frontend installs fine and runs through the programs tab of xbmc, however when it loads up there is a opening (seems to be default) settings page, I click okay/cancel/default but am locked in this settings menu, every time when i try to accept or close the settings, the same settings menu just repops open.

Has anyone encountered this problem or have any idea what to do?

Thanks,
Cesc
i,ve just installed this, set all the paths for titles, roms, exe etc, and all i get is an empty parent folder, nothing happens, no games, nothing?
Any ideas as to if this is still a functional script?
Thanks
The_CesC Wrote:Hi I'm relatively new to XBMC and Mamefrontend, but Ive run into a problem.

Mame Frontend installs fine and runs through the programs tab of xbmc, however when it loads up there is a opening (seems to be default) settings page, I click okay/cancel/default but am locked in this settings menu, every time when i try to accept or close the settings, the same settings menu just repops open.

Has anyone encountered this problem or have any idea what to do?

Thanks,
Cesc

I have the exact same problem. I have to use taskmanager to kill XBMC. It did not do it the first time when I installed it, but now it wont stop coming up. Already tried to re-install the add-in, but no luck
I've got my HTPC rig running just fine with XBMC starting on my second monitor.

The Mame addon works fine except it wants to run on the #1 monitor- is there a way to force it back to the secondary monitor?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MAME Frontend Addon0