Similarly named shows disappear in library
Question 
Hi everyone,

First off, thank you for any assistance any of you can offer on this subject. I've searched the forums, tutorials, and google high and low for any help on this issue, to no avail. Here is what is happening:

I spent all this morning organizing my folder structure and naming my tv show episodes to the following naming convention and folder structure.

TV Shows Folder
L TV Show
L Season XX
L SXXEXX Episode Name.ext

I was then able to add all of my shows successfully, and scrape all necessary info into XBMC, however, when I have similarly named shows, only one will appear.

For example, if I have-

Fullmetal Alchemist
L Season 1
L SXXEXX Name.ext

and

Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood
L Season 1
L SXXEXX Name.ext

ONLY Fullmetal Alchemist will appear in my library - as far as I can tell, XBMC didn't even try to scrape for data. The same thing happens with, for a second example-

Naruto
L Season 1
L SXXEXX Name.ext

and

Naruto Shippuuden
L Season 1
L SXXEXX Name.ext

ONLY the regularly named Naruto will show up under TV Shows.... and it's not like XBMC is confusing Naruto Shippuden with Naruto, because Shippuuden doesn't even show up in my library, or have it's episodes added to Naruto...

I am at a loss for what I may be doing wrong, or if this is a bug. I am getting this issue with both the Camelot release, and the Dharma RC2 Live cd... any input would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT** Also, I double checked online at thetvdb.com, and both Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden show up in the database, as well as both Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood
Hello! I have exactly the same problem!

Did you manage to solve it?
Star 
Go into file mode... , find the series... hit the 'I' on the keyboard (short for information) make sure you have the scraper 'set' for TV and refresh the show in question. The scraper should offer various names of the series...pick one and let it scrape in the episodes. If it's not in the library, then TV shows will show nothing until it's scraped.
create a text file called "tvshow.nfo" in the folder of Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood copy/paste the URL of the show in it ( http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=85249&lid=7 ), save the text file, do the same for Naruto Shippuuden and rescan in xbmc
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
wow thanks! Just what I needed Smile Didnt know that textfile worked. Does it work with imdb plug-in aswell?
sorry for late answer.

yes it should work with imdb scraper ( with imdb url Wink )
My name is Erier, Humf Erier

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Similarly named shows disappear in library0