XBMC Boots to Terminal after installing BURG
Hey,

I've been using an install of XBMC Live on my Acer Revo for a couple months now and it's great, but today I installed Burg, the GUI for the Grub boot loader and somehow that causes XBMC to boot to the terminal.

I'm not very experience with Linux at all, Burg works fine but whenever I select my XBMC install it shows a 8 bit XBMC logo with the animated dots and then boots to the terminal.

Any ideas for how to get this working again? I'm at a loss for what I have changed...
Ok, got it to boot by entering 'startx' but it still is booting to the terminal.

Really don't want to have to enter my username and password every time I boot my HTPC...
Huhi to have been having the same issue,not sure if by changing loaders had this effect,have not seen anything on google about this any help would be great! running xbmc on hdd,next to windows 7 and ubuntu
don't install burg then.
Did you try to reinstall the xbmc-live package?
well not installing burg is my only option,just liked the idea of a custom launch,i did re install after but ended up with 2 xbmc's with the origanal loader(like nothing changed).Not to familure with ubuntu,so clean install and start over till i can find an answer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Boots to Terminal after installing BURG0