• 1(current)
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center
This design is going to stem from The Zune Center by clindhartsen and the Metro UI design seen in Windows Phone 7. And just to clarify clindhartsen has given me permission to use his work.

What I am now trying to do is work in live tiles (as seen in the recently added) and also toast notifications somehow (the bottom right). Here is my take on what he has done so far as I just recreated it and I will continue to create more mock ups before even attempting to start the code.

Right now the best idea that I had was using xperience as a base but I am not even sure if that would be right for it yet so if anyone has a better idea dont be afraid to say it.

Revisisions

That looks pretty nice. Hope it's possible to set it up that way.
Your mockup looks exactly like the 360 dashboard.

Nice work, can't wait to see what views you have in mind.
This is the second metro concept posted
Stranger Wrote:This is the second metro concept posted. I have one pretty far in design, but now reluctant to make it the third.

Please do. I love the metro style.
awesome. really liking this one
circle_ Wrote:Please do. I love the metro style.

I agree, plus I would love to see how you tackled long lists as everything I have tried so far looks horrible.
Dvorac Wrote:I agree, plus I would love to see how you tackled long lists as everything I have tried so far looks horrible.

I haven't attempted a list view yet
How do you get blurred fanart in background? Should we have new fanart file or there are some functions in xbmc which allowed this?
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
mstef Wrote:How do you get blurred fanart in background? Should we have new fanart file or there are some functions in xbmc which allowed this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50RnCwNPe4
really like this concept, haven't really been a fan of the Metro UI until now :p
Can't wait to see more of this skin, simple but effective and obviously 360ish. This would be a simple skin that I would use.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Added a Netflix mockup (I got the idea to do one from here). The mockup shows a lot of important concepts of the UI such as accent colors (everything that is in black) and also notifications (bottom right).
just looked at your latest mockups, YOU NEED to make this skin it really does look excellent!
wow that netflix view is so cool! so jealous that I didnt make that.

is this netflix addon in development or released then? I dont use it as I'm from the UK but I'll start making a netflix theme for my skin if its needed.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center2