• 3(current)
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center
grajen3 Wrote:Actually it is possible - You just need small python script that will move/animate some GUI elements - easy to do if any1 is interested Smile

---edit:
Separation items in list by first letter could be done by dedicated plugin

nothing is impossible Smile

I always game for anything, especially the pausebar one. I've been wanting that effect forever, tried to replicate it using substring() tricks but no luck...

Also "Separation items in list by first letter" seems cool also...

Pretty much if you can think of something, odds are one of us will use it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Concept 2 preview:

Comparison:

I prefer the pink one but your not going to be able to bold the first letter of every word within the skin. The best you can maybe do is add a bold | inbetween
But on the other hand the blue one lloks like it would use a font more friendly to non english languages
Wouldn't it be possible to make the words as two separate entities with the first letter its own, or would that still not work?
Definitely prefer the pink one. I just got my Trophy 7 so this skin will tie in perfectly to my phone Big Grin. Looking beautiful so far.
Some progress:

heh when I said I liked the pink one I meant the layout and font not the color Smile
Why deviating from the Metro UI look in concept 2? Isn't the point of this skin to follow the Metro UI look as closely as possible?
sialivi Wrote:Why deviating from the Metro UI look in concept 2? Isn't the point of this skin to follow the Metro UI look as closely as possible?

Surprisingly I am not (well sort of)! In short, there were a lot of concept shots released when WP7 was announced and I am now trying to incorporate some of those ideas into the design.

Music - Album:

But wouldn't it make more sense to aim for the final design at this stage and do alternate designs later? I personally really like the final design of the Metro UI and this is taking it in another direction. Just my 2 cents.
Dvorac Wrote:Image

I like this but most of all admire your tastes in music
Stranger Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50RnCwNPe4

How was this achieved?
To learn more, click here.
Its a script that takes a screenshot then puts the effect on the screenshot and loads it as a fullscreen background for the dialog (notice in the first one the rss stops and jumps when closed)
Jezz_X Wrote:heh when I said I liked the pink one I meant the layout and font not the color Smile

Don't worry the colors are final nor do I plan for them to be entirely universal throughout the theme as each section can but might not have its own color scheme. Also, the colors are coming directly from early Metro UI mockups.

sialivi Wrote:But wouldn't it make more sense to aim for the final design at this stage and do alternate designs later? I personally really like the final design of the Metro UI and this is taking it in another direction. Just my 2 cents.

I can see as to why you would think that, but wouldn't it also be true that to get the best experience for the transition to a larger screen we should consider earlier mockups? They could be extremely helpful! For instance when looking at VideoKinect for the Xbox 360 you can see how Microsoft also deviated from their strict guidelines they introduced with WP7, so I don't think it would be fair to say that we shouldn't digress from it either.

Stranger Wrote:I like this but most of all admire your tastes in music

Thanks! And I am still waiting to see what you had in mind because what I gathered from another thread is that you have a good idea as to the concept behind the UI.

Movie Preview:

When only looking at the images in the post above, the image on the right is instantly recognizable as Metro UI. The image on the left however is not. I doubt many people are familiar with early concept versions and why should they? They were rejected for a reason.

I stand by my opinion that alternate designs should be left, well, "alternate" and the final design should be the main goal. Leave the early concepts for alternate themes or mods.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center2