OSD repeatedly pops up during playback
Question 
I just started using XBMC and have come across a very annoying problem. During movie playback the OSD will randomly pop up and then go away approximately every 5-10 minutes.

At first I thought it was my RF keyboard/mouse trying to sleep but getting "woken up" by the computer but I also tried using a wired USB keyboard & mouse with the same result.

I have also tried a couple different skins with the same result.

I have searched the forums to see if anyone has had a similar problem but haven't found any info. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
The OSD will pop up if the mouse moves. I wonder if something is causing your PC to receive mouse movement messages.

JR
I have noticed this to. The OSD pops up usually once about 1-2 minutes in to a video file. No mouse is connected to my HTPC.

This started on the latest Dharma RC2.
jhsrennie Wrote:The OSD will pop up if the mouse moves. I wonder if something is causing your PC to receive mouse movement messages.

JR

FYI... I have also attempted movie playback with no input devices attached to HTPC with the same result.:confused2:
sooooo.... my HTPC is connected to my projector via HDMI cable, but if I switch it to VGA the problem stops. Does this make any sense to anyoneHuh
I'm investigating the same problem as well. I initially thought it was due to eventghost, but disabling has no effect. Given your findings perhaps it's the video drivers?
Please read: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
A debug log is needed to help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD repeatedly pops up during playback0