how to get MTE working in Alaska Revisited?
this is the code that needs to be added

XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)

I am unsure where to add it, the HTE thread says to add it to DialogVideoInfo.xml but for Alaska I'm only finding that string in DialogButtonMenu.xml so I added below this string

<onfocus>Dialog.Close(movieinformation)</onclick>

When I highlight a movie and hit info I'm not seeing the HTE option. What am I doing wrong here?
Don't worry I'm adding support for it 'out of the box' so you wont need to edit anything.
will we get this sorted today hitcher, tia Nod
Just committed the latest version (1.9.9) which will launch the Cinema Experience script when you press Play on the Video Info screen.
NICE addition! I have a question for you Hitcher, I added music to the trivia mode and when it plays the song the album cover + track info pops up in the lower left corver. I know that's how it's supposed to work, but is there any easy way to disable it just for this one section? I'm thinking probably not but I suck at XML beyond real basic stuff so maybe I'm wrong?
So without disabling Cinema Experience is there a way to simply play the movie without the Experience. I couldn't find a way as if it is enabled both Play straight from the library as well as play from the info screen run the script. I ended up disabling the addon as my family does not always want the experience.
It definitely doesn't launch it straight from the movies list only from the info screen.
Hitcher Wrote:It definitely doesn't launch it straight from the movies list only from the info screen.

Sorry, of course you are correct. I was testing so many things at once that I forgot to actually try it from the Movie list. It works as expected.
Hitcher Wrote:Just committed the latest version (1.9.9) which will launch the Cinema Experience script when you press Play on the Video Info screen.

I must be doing something wrong. I've got Cinema Experience installed and configured and it runs if I select it from add-ons (of course without playing the movie).

If I highlight a movie and select the movie information screen form the pop-up menu and from that screen press PLAY, Cinema Experience does NOT play.

Is there something I'm missing?
Are you using Alaska Revisited?
mgmhometheater Wrote:I must be doing something wrong. I've got Cinema Experience installed and configured and it runs if I select it from add-ons (of course without playing the movie).

If I highlight a movie and select the movie information screen form the pop-up menu and from that screen press PLAY, Cinema Experience does NOT play.

Is there something I'm missing?

Shouldn't you press "Cinema" not play?
If you're only seeing PLAY then you're not using Alaska Revisited or the Add-on isn't installed properly.
Hitcher Wrote:If you're only seeing PLAY then you're not using Alaska Revisited or the Add-on isn't installed properly.

I'm definitely using Alaska Revisited and I installed it from the add-ons menu. I only see the PLAY button.

I did some digging on the boards and got it working another way. I added some code so that if I go to MOVIES and scroll to the movie I want to watch I can press the "1" button on my remote and it will launch CE and then play the movie. If I just want to watch the movie without CE I can hit the SELECT button instead.

Alaska is such a GREAT skin so I'm more than happy with this solution.

Thanks.
I believe you are using the mod from the official Repo. That one is a little behind i think in terms of updates.

It came with update 1.9.9 while the official skin is only on version 1.8.9 or something
alexandergoll Wrote:I believe you are using the mod from the official Repo. That one is a little behind i think in terms of updates.

It came with update 1.9.9 while the official skin is only on version 1.8.9 or something
That must be the problem I was having with the skin, too.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to get MTE working in Alaska Revisited?0