Can't add items to movie library
Exclamation 
So today I installed XBMC and Alaska Revisited. I ended up with [this problem]. I can't add any movies since all I am shown is the 'Move up a dir level' button and the context menu doesn't have the option to add sources. I've tried reinstalling (and deleting \appdata\roaming\xbmc as well) but no success.

Here is a XBMC log of me opening XBMC and selecting the '...' button a few times to see if it picked up anything.

The 'video' library works fine, it's just being the 'neat' person I am, I prefer to use TV shows and Movies since I have a variety of both.

I would appreciate any help and I will provide any additional information needed. Thanks Blush
1. revert to the only supported skin "Confluence" while you get things going.

2. turn on the "Show "Add source" buttons in file lists" option in settings if it's not already on.

3. Make sure you are not in Library mode while you get things going (in Confluence it's done via a check box that is on a menu which is brought up by pressing left while in Videos)

Sentry Wrote:The 'video' library works fine, it's just being the 'neat' person I am, I prefer to use TV shows and Movies since I have a variety of both.
This makes no sense, that is just what the video library is for.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. Alaska Revisited has a video library but also a movie and TV show library. I found that I need to add my movies to the video section for them to appear in the movie section and for shows, they appear in the TV shows section

tl;dr Normal XBMC has a video library, Alaska Revisited seems to have a movies section, TV shows section and a videos section where everything is added. Basically, problem solved.
No, Alaska does not add anything to the XBMC video library, as per default it is separated into Movies, TV shows and Music Videos.

It may however have shortcuts to the various sub-sections (or nodes), but that has no bearing on the workings of the skin.

You may be confusing file mode with "a video library"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add items to movie library0