No Sound after sleep
I've recently reinstalled my HTPC (ASRock ION 330) with Win 7 Ult 64 and Dharma RC2. Everything works nicely except for 1 thing. When i wakeup the machine after suspend / sleep i don't have any sound on the HDMI output. As far as i can tell it's not a XBMC problem as i can see sound being sent to the output in Windows, i just don't hear anything on my TV anymore. Anyone else run into this problem and perhaps know how to fix it?

Kind regards,
Phil
I have the same problem with RC1 as well on acer revo R3700 running W7. In fact it seems to be related to nvidia drivers in my case as it was all working fine and I had audio even after pc went to sleep. The audio started to disappear after I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers.
michal.strelec Wrote:I have the same problem with RC1 as well on acer revo R3700 running W7. In fact it seems to be related to nvidia drivers in my case as it was all working fine and I had audio even after pc went to sleep. The audio started to disappear after I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers.

thanks for the tip, i upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers before installing XBMC, i'll try some of the older ones, see if that works.
I have the same problem too, sometime, i need to exit from XBMC, and reload XBMC and the sound is back.. Sometime i need to reboot my Acer R3600..
Thumbs Up 
michal.strelec Wrote:I have the same problem with RC1 as well on acer revo R3700 running W7. In fact it seems to be related to nvidia drivers in my case as it was all working fine and I had audio even after pc went to sleep. The audio started to disappear after I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers.

reverting back to the original asrock drivers (or the ones available on their website) fixed it. Thanks again for the fix.
I've got this problem now but on a Zotac ZBOX ND-22 - this is nvidia ION also but won't let me install latest driver package from nvidia site.

I've tried two different sets of Nvidia HDMI audio drivers - 1.0.0.59 and 1.0.0.63 (latest from zotac site) but both exhibit same issue of no sound after resume from sleep....

Anyone had any luck or suggestions for other driver versions to try? Seems a shocking oversight in driver testing!

EDIT: as i posted in the other thread fix was to install desktop drivers from:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html
This should install 1.1.13.1 audio drivers
I would also like to know the best nVidia driver for audio to fix issues after sleep!!

Thank You. Also, are the nVidia audio and video drivers separate or are they integrated into one driver? I am hoping they are separate so I can run the latest video driver.
bmcclure937 Wrote:I would also like to know the best nVidia driver for audio to fix issues after sleep!!

Thank You. Also, are the nVidia audio and video drivers separate or are they integrated into one driver? I am hoping they are separate so I can run the latest video driver.

Latest standalone on nvidia site were 1.0.0.59 and these did NOT work for me. the full package contained 1.1.13.1 which worked - however the installer lets you select custom install and just select audio driver.

Not sure it makes a difference but i also ticked the box for "clean install" just to be on safe side!

Saying that, unless I am mistaken, this package is the *latest* video driver as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound after sleep0