[AppleTv] Display Settings and Stuttering
I used to launch XBMC with my ATV set at 1080p and always had some stuttering with CrystalHD
I have now tried setting the ATV to 720p and even with RC2 I have very little problems, not only the picture quality seems better

I am wondering if the video scaler of the GPU does a poor job and interferes with XBMC when set at 1080p and if there is a way to force the ATV resolution to 720p even if initially set at 1080p before lanching xbmc?
It's funny you should say that. I have a 720p TV, so even my 1080p content has to be downscaled to this for my telly. And I've experienced few of the issues that others have reported. I've always wondered what was different about my set up. You could have something here....

Jim
Well what is even more interesting: with ATV at 720p Dharma beta2 and RC2 same performance
With ATV at 1080p Beta2 Okish RC2 rubbish
Yeah, I certainly haven't had any issues with rc2, apart from a memory issue that shuts down the crystalhd with Rx errors on Karmic. Only a reboot solves this one.... Overall though, performance is great (as long as I reboot every so often!).

I think I've probably stumbled upon the best settings by accident (gui settings) and circumstance (only having a 720p telly) and often wonder what's going on to produce so much variation in user experience in what is a single unified hardware platform (ATV+CrystalHD)

Jim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv] Display Settings and Stuttering0