• 2(current)
Win HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library
e2zippo Wrote:The scan seems to be working, yay!

But i just discovered something not so great, when i pause and/or resume my torrents in uTorrent i get "Windows Script Host" error window for each and every torrent that is in uTorrent right now (about 70 now Eek)

It says

Script: D:\Appz\update.vbs
Line: 27
Char: 1
Error: The system cannot locate the resource specified
W
Code: 800C0005
Source: msxml3.dll

What's that about?

And one final question, will the seeding work with this procedure?

Before this i used the perl script also found on this forum and while it worked great, the moving of the files made it so they couldn't be seeded (unless i re-locate them, and that would be a real hassle for every torrent)

Cheers!

Yes seeding will work. Since it is uTorrent that is moving the files it knows where it put them.

the error message that you are getting usually appears when xbmc isn't running. So my first guess is that xbmc isn't running. But utorrent should not try to send anything to xbmc when start or stop torrents, unless you have put something in the "run this program when a torrent changes state".
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
watzen Wrote:Yes seeding will work. Since it is uTorrent that is moving the files it knows where it put them.

the error message that you are getting usually appears when xbmc isn't running. So my first guess is that xbmc isn't running. But utorrent should not try to send anything to xbmc when start or stop torrents, unless you have put something in the "run this program when a torrent changes state".

Great!

XBMC wasn't running at the time so that solves that.

I did put this in "Run this program when a torrent changes state"

as was posted earlier

update.vbs "uTorrent - %M" "%N"

What exactly does that one do, is it needed for XBMC to update the library, or do I only need

"update.vbs %L" ?
e2zippo Wrote:Great!

XBMC wasn't running at the time so that solves that.

I did put this in "Run this program when a torrent changes state"

as was posted earlier

update.vbs "uTorrent - %M" "%N"

What exactly does that one do, is it needed for XBMC to update the library, or do I only need

"update.vbs %L" ?

No, you don't need to put anything in that field for the update to work.
You only need to put the update.vbs "%L" (important with qoutes around the %L) in the first field.

The update.vbs "uTorrent - %M" "%N" sends a notification to XBMC each time a torrent changes state, i.e. when a torrent goes from seeding to done or downloading to seeding. And I noticed that the torrents changes state too often to make interesting to see in XBMC. It's not very useful to get a notification each other second...
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
I have actually restructured it so that I can get a notification when a torrent is added and when it's finished.

- updated the first post to reflect improvements -
Hi

my folders look like this:

d:\download\Tv Shows\Fringe\Season 1
Season 2...

Now I was wondering is it possible to tell utorrent to save for example: fringe s01e11 to fringe\season 1 and then update xbmc library?

All of this with rss downloader offcourse and auto labeling
ares01 Wrote:Hi

my folders look like this:

d:\download\Tv Shows\Fringe\Season 1
Season 2...

Now I was wondering is it possible to tell utorrent to save for example: fringe s01e11 to fringe\season 1 and then update xbmc library?

All of this with rss downloader offcourse and auto labeling

Using this method, you'd have to label them Tv shows\Fringe\Season 1
Season 2...

and you could get this automatically by making a special rss-downloading rule(in step #4) for each season of the shows. Filter: Fringe*s01* -> Label: Tv shows\Fringe\Season 1
But that would require a lot of rules Smile
let me ask u do u know maybe how to match movies with rss downloader?

what to put in the filter?
just wanted to say thanks OP for providing this excellent tutorial! it took me a little while to figure it all out but now it works perfectly! it's too bad that utorrent plugin doesn't provide this functionality...
Any idea how to have the script process only certain torrents? For example, I want it to process for only my TV downloads that I grab via RSS, but not for movies, files, etc.
DaBorg Wrote:Any idea how to have the script process only certain torrents? For example, I want it to process for only my TV downloads that I grab via RSS, but not for movies, files, etc.

yeah sure,

You can add a third parameter to the update status field and then add some if's before any processing is done.

ie if you set your first parameter (after the -U/-S) to always be the label you could have everything encapsulated in this:

<put this under sourcepath>
if mid(WScript.Arguments.Item(1),1,8) = "TV-Shows" then

<put this at the bottom>
end if

this will then compare the first 8 characters of the label and check if they're TV-Shows. if they are, it proceed to make the updates/status notifications.
note that if you rearrange the parameters you need to update the number in the Arguments.Item(x) accordingly.
watzen Wrote:yeah sure,

You can add a third parameter to the update status field and then add some if's before any processing is done.

ie if you set your first parameter (after the -U/-S) to always be the label you could have everything encapsulated in this:

<put this under sourcepath>
if mid(WScript.Arguments.Item(1),1,8) = "TV-Shows" then

<put this at the bottom>
end if

this will then compare the first 8 characters of the label and check if they're TV-Shows. if they are, it proceed to make the updates/status notifications.
note that if you rearrange the parameters you need to update the number in the Arguments.Item(x) accordingly.

Great! Works like a charm!

One more question though. As you know you get a VB Scripting error if XBMC is not running. Is there anyway to test if XBMC is running so that the script only executes if it is? It's a little cleaner than just erroring I guess.
I'm sure there is some way to check this. I don't know it though, but a bit of googling may remedy that.

/watzen

aaaaaaand its googled... I will try it myself when I get home.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?p=2748682
watzen Wrote:I'm sure there is some way to check this. I don't know it though, but a bit of googling may remedy that.

/watzen

aaaaaaand its googled... I will try it myself when I get home.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?p=2748682

Awesome. That'd be great! Not sure I've been able to make sense of that post you linked to yet.
Blah blah blah. I wish I could delete this.
In case anyone is having trouble with the library update function, you can simplify it this way:

Quote:connectionString = xbmcConnection & "/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video))"

This just runs an all-encompassing video update instead of folder specific updates. Once I removed the extra data, this script started working perfect for me.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library1