How do you fix a mis-identified movie?
Some movies I have were mis-identified during the scraping. I know this is an elementary question, but how do I make XBMC identify the right movie?
When I first started using XBMC I was also having issues with correct scrapping of movies. What I suggest you try is the 3rd party apps in the supplemental tools forum.

We have Ember media manager and media companion 2. There might be others, but I can't think of them at this moment.

I used Ember and love it. Sometimes you still have issues with scrapping, but you have more options to get the result you want.

Sean, press "i" on your remote or keybard, the "Information" screen wil pop-up. Select "Refresh" button (option). If the movie title returns mutiple finds, you will be able to select the one that is right from the list that will be returned.

If not on the list, try a different scraper (I switch between MovieDB and IMDB quite often).

If still no luck, chances are that you are searching for an original (non-English) language title, or incorrectly interpreted English version of the title - check for "Also known as" titles for the same movie on IMDB, rename the folder (of file) accordingly, and try again.
note that you can also use the 'manual' button on the select dialog to input a different search string.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you fix a mis-identified movie?0