Way to make a "Video Addon" behave like a "Program Addon"?
Question 
I use custom shortcut on my main menu to access hulu. Only problem is that accessing hulu changes the default location for the Videos shortcut to Hulu as well. I have to back out of the menu and select my Video source to get to my home movies.

If Hulu one under the Program Add-ons this would not effect me. Is there anyway to change where Hulu executes from. I'm running Live RC2
yes, just change the provides tag in addon.xml
does this effect the addons ability to update?
I changed the provides tag to "executable" but opening Hulu still causes Videos to open in the Hulu main screen.

any suggestions?
You need to alter the skin by the sounds of things. If you want the "Videos" button to always go to the root of video files view, then make it ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,"",return)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

would you mind going into more depth on how to do that?
Open up Home.xml

Look for ActivateWindow(Videos).

Change to the above.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Mine reads "<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles)</onclick>"

Should I change it to "<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,"/home/Xbmc/Videos",return)</onclick>" ?
Only if that's where you want it to go by default.

made the changes, but still no luck. Any other suggestions?
Check a debug log to see that you actually did make the changes you think you did.

Hint: You changed the wrong button - you want the main video button which is linking via ActivateWindow(MyVideos) or something similar.

My Home.xml

I changed what I thought was the main button. Please take a look if you don't mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to make a "Video Addon" behave like a "Program Addon"?0