How do I turn off the scraper option?
hi guys.
i'm using media center master for downloading movie info. the .nfo file the program is making is saved in the movie folder of each movie
but when i go into xbmc and update the movie librery it automatically get the movie info from the xbmc scrappers.
is there a way to turn the scrapper option off? how am i supose to make xbmc take the info from the nfo file?
thx
XBMC will use the nfo file first instance.

If it doesn't find one then it will use the scraper. Also if the nfo file isn't compatible / is malformed then it will fall back to the scraper.
well media center master is making the nfo file fully compatible with xbmc so there shouldn't be any problem with that..
do you have any idea why is this happning? what am is suppose to see in xbmc when the movies are getting updated? i mean when the scrapper is downloading the movie it says in this little box that it's downloading movie information but what am i suppose to see when it's taking the info from the nfo file?

edit: when i'm adding a source in the movie folder it asks me after i added the source what dose the directory contains, when i switch it to movie in shows me in the side the scrappers i can use in order the download the movie info and the i have to chose one in order to update the library. am i doing the right thing or is there another way?
dvir_b Wrote:well media center master is making the nfo file fully compatible with xbmc so there shouldn't be any problem with that..
do you have any idea why is this happning? what am is suppose to see in xbmc when the movies are getting updated? i mean when the scrapper is downloading the movie it says in this little box that it's downloading movie information but what am i suppose to see when it's taking the info from the nfo file?

It displays the same message - are you sure its not reading the local files?
prae5 Wrote:It displays the same message - are you sure its not reading the local files?

what do you mean by local files? dose the .nfo file needs to be in the movie folder? or should it be somewhere else?
I mean are you sure its not reading the local nfo files? Why do you think its not using them?

nfo file should be in the same folder as the movie and must be named the exact same as the movie file.
you've just solved my problem!
the .nfo file didnt have the same name as the movie..
thank you so much dude!
i'v been trying to figure it out for a couple of days now...
you rock Big Grin
Or it can be called movie.nfo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it was called movie.nfo but that didnt work so well...
sho Wrote:Or it can be called movie.nfo

below jmarshall quote taken from another thread
jmarshall Wrote:You "Set content" on the movie folder itself by the looks. In that case, the listing contains only files, and thus "use foldernames for lookups" is ignored -> movie.nfo is also ignored.

This can get a little confusing for some users - it sounds like the issue dvir_b was experiencing...

@dvir_b - what folder are you setting content on? It should just be on the parent of all the movies folders and not the movie folders themselves.
-stoli-
when i'm adding a source i'm adding the hole movie folder with all of the sub folder of the movies in it. then i'm setting content on the hole folder and not on each subfolder and it still dosent work that way
If movies are in there own folders then you can use movie.nfo xbmc always displays the downloading movie information dialog if its actually downloading stuff from the net chances are its downloading actor thumbs it does this by default however you can turn it off, your know when its not downloading stuff as your movies will scan in quite quickly I take it you have local artwork as well and its named correctly

You only had to look at your log to see what was happening it tells you if its found an nfo

Edit: Just read the above post you should also select "use folder names for lookups"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I turn off the scraper option?0